Posted to user@eagle.apache.org by Hao Chen <ha...@apache.org> on 2016/04/06 10:35:25 UTC

Re: apache eagle roadmap seek help

Hi,

Thanks very much for being interested in Eagle.

In fact part features of hadoop system metric monitoring has been published
into
https://github.com/apache/incubator-eagle/tree/master/eagle-hadoop-metric,
while the spark application performance monitoring is still under
development.

So could you please just have a try about the system monitoring firstly?
And pls. let us know if any problems, i think the community will actively
support you. :-)

@Community,  also I think the documentation for this part has not been well
documented yet. Could any contributor volunteer to contribute?
https://github.com/apache/incubator-eagle/tree/document/

- Hao

Posted by Ziv Grinberg <zi...@imperva.com>.
Is the term "monitoring" in the context of health monitoring OR security\complaince?

     [cid:image001.png@01D1900F.218F6590]

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@gmail.com>.
From a product perspective I agree with Seshu. Create a best- of-breed product focused on one task.

But from a community perspective I say have at it! Communities grow when they discover new use cases outside the original scope.

Clearly there need to be new resources working on the increased scope (not just spreading the original resources more thinly). And it presents a product design challenge. You might need to create a new tool (or a new UI) to keep things simple for the user.

Julian

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@gmail.com>.
From a product perspective I agree with Seshu. Create a best- of-breed product focused on one task.

Posted by "Adunuthula, Seshu" <sa...@ebay.com>.
One area I would like us to take Eagle is tight integration with Open Network Insight.

https://github.com/Open-Network-Insight/oni-docs/blob/master/Open%20Network%20Insight%201.0%20-%20Solution%20Guide.pdf

From: "veera.valluri@bnpparibasfortis.com<ma...@bnpparibasfortis.com>" <ve...@bnpparibasfortis.com>>
Date: Wednesday, April 6, 2016 at 6:07 AM
To: "user@eagle.incubator.apache.org<ma...@eagle.incubator.apache.org>" <us...@eagle.incubator.apache.org>>, "dev@eagle.incubator.apache.org<ma...@eagle.incubator.apache.org>" <de...@eagle.incubator.apache.org>>, 經年錯ミ莫失莫忘 <37...@qq.com>>

I completely agree with Seshu. The moment expand the scope of Eagle beyond security monitoring it will become a one of the option among others.

From: Hao Chen <ha...@apache.org>>
Date: Wednesday, April 6, 2016 at 1:35 AM
To: 經年錯ミ莫失莫忘 <37...@qq.com>>, "dev@eagle.incubator.apache.org<ma...@eagle.incubator.apache.org>" <de...@eagle.incubator.apache.org>>, "user@eagle.incubator.apache.org<ma...@eagle.incubator.apache.org>" <us...@eagle.incubator.apache.org>>

[...]

BNP Paribas Fortis disclaimer: