Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Waz <st...@gmail.com> on 2007/09/21 00:37:57 UTC

SA not working? (newby)

Hi -

Please bear with me as I am new to SA and server administration in general.

I have a Fedora box and installed SA via:

 yum install spamassassin

Everything seemed to load. I check the .etc/mail/spamassassin folder and the
local.cf gile seems fine

I installed as root as I want it system wide for all mail.

I sen myself test mail and the GTUBE mail strind and nothing..

Nothing in the headers indicates that it is running.

What do I need to do to get all mail on the system running through
spamassassin?

qmail is what is on my box.

I've read all the docs and everything I could through searches but I can't
figure this out.

Thanks for any help in advance!

Steve

Re: SA not working? (newby)

Posted by Jason Haar <Ja...@trimble.co.nz>.
Evan Platt wrote:
> If you don't get an answer here, a Qmail forum would be the next place
> to look.
>
> Essentially you need to tell Qmail to call SpamAssassin. I run postfix
> and use procmail, so can't tell you how on Qmail.

Just look on the SpamAssassin wiki - search for "qmail"...

And of course I'd suggest looking at Qmail-Scanner
(http://qmail-scanner.sf.net)

--
Cheers

Jason Haar
Phone: +64 3 9635 377 Fax: +64 3 9635 417

Re: SA not working? (newby)

Posted by Evan Platt <ev...@espphotography.com>.