Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Wouter Boers <Wo...@MphasiS.com> on 2001/09/05 10:01:45 UTC

how is a session identified

Hello,

I have a question reguarding the session. What is this session based on? How
is a client browser uniquely identified by tomcat to map that session to its
own context.

I'm looking for the data that is required to identify the client browser and
the identification process. I would love to have some pointers to the specs
and sources implementing the specs.

Wouter

Re: how is a session identified

Posted by Jonathan Eric Miller <je...@uchicago.edu>.
I think it's basically just a random number that is stored either in a
cookie or using URL rewriting. You can call HttpSession.getId() to get the
value.

Jon