Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Rafael Schloming <ra...@redhat.com> on 2008/10/29 13:40:36 UTC

Unversioned JIRAs

I'm compiling a list of candidate JIRAs from which to track the current
status of open M4 issues and blockers. This list is based on the
"Affects Version" field of JIRAs, and unfortunately there are still a
number of JIRAs with that field blank. I've done a first pass and filled
in the ones that I was pretty sure where M4. Please have a look at the
remaining issues and fill in the field where appropriate.

Here is a filter you can use to quickly view all the relevant issues:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?mode=hide&requestId=12312869

 From the above link you can click on the bulk edit link, check off the
issues you think affect M4, and then fill in the "Affects Version" field
on the bulk change page.

Thanks,

--Rafael

Re: Unversioned JIRAs

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.
Rafael Schloming wrote:
>  From the above link you can click on the bulk edit link, check off the
> issues you think affect M4, and then fill in the "Affects Version" field
> on the bulk change page.

I've done so for c++ related bugs (but not for new features as it
doesn't seem as relevant there). I've also added in a few critical c++
broker bugs that have come up in initial testing (and one 'nice to have'
for python).

Re: Unversioned JIRAs

Posted by Rafael Schloming <ra...@redhat.com>.
Marnie McCormack wrote:
> Hi Rafi,
>
> I haven't got as far as updating the 'affects' version field yet. I think
> this is a pretty big task for us given the branching etc, and might be quite
> tricky as I doubt many of the JIRAs include an analysis of which codepaths
> include the issue recorded. I could be wrong, maybe the glass is half full
> after all :-)
>
> For now, I've descoped from the 'Fix Version' M4 list any items I know will
> not be completed for M4 release. I hope this helps a little ... I'm still
> updating.

Thanks, this helps a lot!

--Rafael

Re: Unversioned JIRAs

Posted by Marnie McCormack <ma...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Rafi,

Re: Unversioned JIRAs

Posted by Rafael Schloming <ra...@redhat.com>.

Re: Unversioned JIRAs

Posted by Martin Ritchie <ri...@apache.org>.
2008/10/29 Rafael Schloming <ra...@redhat.com>:
> I'm compiling a list of candidate JIRAs from which to track the current
> status of open M4 issues and blockers. This list is based on the "Affects
> Version" field of JIRAs, and unfortunately there are still a number of JIRAs
> with that field blank. I've done a first pass and filled in the ones that I
> was pretty sure where M4. Please have a look at the remaining issues and
> fill in the field where appropriate.
>
> Here is a filter you can use to quickly view all the relevant issues:
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?mode=hide&requestId=12312869
>
> From the above link you can click on the bulk edit link, check off the
> issues you think affect M4, and then fill in the "Affects Version" field on
> the bulk change page.
>
> Thanks,
>
> --Rafael

I would say that if there is no affects then it should be set to
affecting M4, having a quick glance a the list that would seem
accurate. If you want me to go through mark the ones I know for sure
about affecting M4 then I can do so.

Is the list of critical and blocker JIRAs and the the unreviewed work
not all we need to look to review? If people have a bug that they feel
is critical to be fixed then I would suggest upping the priority to
critical or blocker so they stand out amongst the 273 JIRAs marked for
fixing in M4 that have not yet been resolved.

Blockers
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&&pid=12310520&priority=1&priority=2&status=1&status=3&status=4&status=5&status=10006&fixfor=12313279&resolution=-1&resolution=4&resolution=5&sorter/field=issuekey&sorter/order=DESC

Unreviewed
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&&pid=12310520&status=10006&fixfor=12313279&sorter/field=issuekey&sorter/order=DESC

We should also try and improve the documentation on this process. The
current process page we have is a little old and lacking any detail on
release time frames and process for dealing with open JIRAs, but it is
a good start. http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/qpid/QpidReleaseProcess

Regards

Martin
--