Posted to mapreduce-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Konstantin Shvachko <sh...@gmail.com> on 2017/08/01 02:23:27 UTC

Re: Are binary artifacts are part of a release?

The issue was discussed on several occasions in the past.
Took me a while to dig this out as an example:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/hadoop-general/201111.mbox/%3C4EB0827C.6040204%40apache.org%3E

Doug Cutting:
"Folks should not primarily evaluate binaries when voting. The ASF
primarily produces and publishes source-code
so voting artifacts should be optimized for evaluation of that."

Thanks,
--Konst

Posted by Ravi Prakash <ra...@gmail.com>.
bq. My stance is that if we're going to publish something, it should be
good, or we shouldn't publish it at all.

I agree

Posted by Ravi Prakash <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ravi Prakash <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ravi Prakash <ra...@gmail.com>.