Posted to dev@karaf.apache.org by sekaijin <jy...@yahoo.fr> on 2013/12/23 12:56:15 UTC

3.0.0.RC1 Custom Distribution

Hello,

I built from karaf 2.2.2 a distribution for my needs.
I tried to do the same thing with karaf 3.0.0.RC1.

But there is one thing I do not understand with the new way.

In version 2.2.x that use the maven-assembly-plugin
I had two descriptors: one for the windows, other  for unix
In these two descriptors I had something different

In the version of windows packaged in zip I only bat files in the bin and
not unix script.
I had a folder "etc" containing config files specific to Windows and ready
to be used. (Unzip and run)

in the version unix  the folder  bin did not contain the bat files. and I do
not have a folder "etc" but "install" folder with models config files
(unzip, configure, and run)
the platform can be installed several times on the same machine it is
necessary to change the ports. for successive deliveries of the platform
with specifics bundle of my business. The solution for update pakage, is
unzip the new version in the same folder as the previous one. the folder
"etc" is not replaced during this operation.

The old way, allow to select what files to put in the zip package and to put
those in the tar.gz package

With the new approach, I do not how I can choose the files to put in the zip
and to put those in the tar.gz

Thank you
A+JYT

Re: 3.0.0.RC1 Custom Distribution

Posted by sekaijin <jy...@yahoo.fr>.
Happy Holidays.

Thank you for that answer.

I understand it must be filtered to select those files that I've to put in
the zip or the tar.gz
What I do not understand is how, since there is more descriptor.

But I do not understand how to add files of my own business, or how to
replace configs files of Karaf, by a adapted version of my distribution.

The goal is not to distribute karaf, but a key tool in hand for the company.
the operator should not have to install karaf, and then a dozen component
and config files. the goal is to provide a ready to use package.

How then add, delete, replace folders, files ?

thank you

Re: 3.0.0.RC1 Custom Distribution

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi,

yes the distribution have changed: both zip and tar.gz archives provides
bat and unix scripts.

We can do the same:
- starting from the tar.gz file, you remove the bin/*.bat scripts, you
will have exactly the same as before
- starting from the zip file, you keep the bin/*.bat scripts, you will
have exactly the same as before

Regards
JB

On 12/23/2013 12:56 PM, sekaijin wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I built from karaf 2.2.2 a distribution for my needs.
> I tried to do the same thing with karaf 3.0.0.RC1.
>
> But there is one thing I do not understand with the new way.
>
> In version 2.2.x that use the maven-assembly-plugin
> I had two descriptors: one for the windows, other  for unix
> In these two descriptors I had something different
>
> In the version of windows packaged in zip I only bat files in the bin and
> not unix script.
> I had a folder "etc" containing config files specific to Windows and ready
> to be used. (Unzip and run)
>
> in the version unix  the folder  bin did not contain the bat files. and I do
> not have a folder "etc" but "install" folder with models config files
> (unzip, configure, and run)
> the platform can be installed several times on the same machine it is
> necessary to change the ports. for successive deliveries of the platform
> with specifics bundle of my business. The solution for update pakage, is
> unzip the new version in the same folder as the previous one. the folder
> "etc" is not replaced during this operation.
>
> The old way, allow to select what files to put in the zip package and to put
> those in the tar.gz package
>
> With the new approach, I do not how I can choose the files to put in the zip
> and to put those in the tar.gz
>
> Thank you
> A+JYT

Jean-Baptiste Onofré