Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Shahar Davidson <sh...@checkpoint.com> on 2012/12/19 17:23:50 UTC

Invalid version (expected 2, but 60) or the data in not in 'javabin'

Hi,

I'm encountering this error randomly when running a distributed facet.  (i.e. I'm sending the exact same request, yet this does not reproduce consistently)
I have about  180 shards that are being queried.
It seems that when Solr distributes the request to the shards one , or perhaps more, shards return an  XML reply instead of  Javabin.

I added some debug output to JavaBinCode.unmarshal  (as done in the debugging.patch of SOLR-3258) to check whether the XML reply holds an error or not, and I noticed that the XML actually holds the response from one of the shards.

I'm using the patch provided in SOLR-2894 on top of trunk 1404975.

Has anyone encountered such an issue? Any ideas?

Thanks,

Shahar.

RE: Invalid version (expected 2, but 60) or the data in not in 'javabin'

Posted by Shahar Davidson <sh...@checkpoint.com>.
Thanks for the prompt reply Mark.

Just to give you some background, I'm simulating a multi-shard environment by running more than 200 Solr Cores on a single machine (machine does not seem to be stressed) and I'm running a distributed facet.
The Solr server is running trunk 1404975 with SOLR-2894 patch applied over it (the one from Nov. 12th).
While I'm running the distributed request, other clients are sending various search requests to the Solr server.
This issue is randomly happening and does not reproduce constantly.
As I wrote earlier, I applied the Debugging.patch from SOLR-3258 to see the actual response and noticed that an actual XML reply was received and the XML itself was corrupt (as if a chunk of text was taken out right from the middle of it).

Since this reproduces randomly, the only thing that comes to mind is some kind of concurrency related problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Shahar.

Posted by Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@gmail.com>.