Posted to dev@airavata.apache.org by Lahiru Jayathilake <la...@cse.mrt.ac.lk> on 2019/05/04 17:59:54 UTC

Re: Setup a development environment for Airavata

Hi Everyone,

I have been setting up the development environment and faced several issues
and found the following solutions.

1. When running *org.apache.airavata.ide.integration.APIServerStarter*
*Error* - [
error-APIServerStarter.pdf
<https://mail.google.com/mail/u/1?ui=2&ik=6205547991&attid=0.1&permmsgid=msg-a:r1891336976375952133&view=att&disp=safe&realattid=f_jv9rpwbx0>
]
*Solution* - Updated the *ide-integration/pom.xml *to have
*org.apache.openjpa* plugin

Tried several times running the *APIServerStarter* and got the same error.
After fixing the issue with afore-mentioned solution, I tried one more time
reverting back and that time APIServerStarter ran as expected.

2. When running *pip install -r requirements.txt *in airavata-django-portal
*Error* - [
error-pillow.pdf
<https://mail.google.com/mail/u/1?ui=2&ik=6205547991&attid=0.4&permmsgid=msg-a:r1891336976375952133&view=att&disp=safe&realattid=f_jv9rpwc13>]
because
wagtail 2.0 has requirement of *Pillow<5.0,>=2.6.1*
*Solution* - Added '*pillow==2.6.1*' in the *requirements.txt*

3. When running *python3 manage.py migrate *
*Error - *[
error-django-verison.pdf
<https://mail.google.com/mail/u/1?ui=2&ik=6205547991&attid=0.3&permmsgid=msg-a:r1891336976375952133&view=att&disp=safe&realattid=f_jv9rpwc01>
]
*Solution* - Updated the version of Django to 1.11.20

And now I am having the issue when running *python3 manage.py
load_default_gateway *
The error was [
error-no-such-table-wagtailcore_page__old.pdf
<https://mail.google.com/mail/u/1?ui=2&ik=6205547991&attid=0.2&permmsgid=msg-a:r1891336976375952133&view=att&disp=safe&realattid=f_jv9rpwc12>
]  *django.db.utils.OperationalError: Problem installing fixtures: no such
table: wagtailcore_page__old*
I found an article related to this [1] according to the article, the
problem is with sqlite version so I tried the solution which is downgrading
sqlite (to 3.24.0) but still I am getting the same error. Can anyone help
me with this?

[1] - https://github.com/wagtail/wagtail/issues/4941

Cheers!
Lahiru

--
Lahiru Jayathilake
Faculty of Engineering,

<https://lk.linkedin.com/in/lahirujayathilake>

Re: Setup a development environment for Airavata

Posted by Lahiru Jayathilake <la...@cse.mrt.ac.lk>.
Hi Marcus,

Thanks for the help. Upgrading Django to 2.x.x version, deleting db.sqlite3
file and re-starting from the beginning fixed the issue :)

Regards,
Lahiru

Posted by "Christie, Marcus Aaron" <ma...@iu.edu>.
Hi Lahiru,

Posted by Lahiru Jayathilake <la...@cse.mrt.ac.lk>.
Hi Marcus,

Posted by "Christie, Marcus Aaron" <ma...@iu.edu>.
Hi Lahiru,

Error - [<https://mail.google.com/mail/u/1?ui=2&ik=6205547991&attid=0.1&permmsgid=msg-a:r1891336976375952133&view=att&disp=safe&realattid=f_jv9rpwbx0>
error-APIServerStarter.pdf
]
Solution - Updated the ide-integration/pom.xml to have org.apache.openjpa plugin

<Screen Shot 2019-05-02 at 11.21.19 PM.png>

Tried several times running the APIServerStarter and got the same error. After fixing the issue with afore-mentioned solution, I tried one more time reverting back and that time APIServerStarter ran as expected.

2. When running pip install -r requirements.txt in airavata-django-portal
Error - [<https://mail.google.com/mail/u/1?ui=2&ik=6205547991&attid=0.4&permmsgid=msg-a:r1891336976375952133&view=att&disp=safe&realattid=f_jv9rpwc13>
error-pillow.pdf

[https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B5tEBQ-dYBjOQndlTjdfUUNzTXM&export=download]<https://lk.linkedin.com/in/lahirujayathilake>

Posted by Bibrak Qamar <bi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Lahiru,

Thanks for the details. With me the edit to POM file helped. And then later
there were some other changes needed, which we did and now it works. Those
changes have been submitted as a pull request.

Bibrak

Posted by Lahiru Jayathilake <la...@cse.mrt.ac.lk>.
Hi Bibrak,

Posted by DImuthu Upeksha <di...@gmail.com>.
Hi Bibrak,

Posted by Bibrak Qamar <bi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Lahiru,

Regarding the APIServerStarter error: What do you mean by "I tried one more