Posted to users@maven.apache.org by sudhakar <su...@co.brazos.tx.us> on 2007/10/29 23:59:55 UTC

NPE all of a sudden

All of a sudden my maven (version 2.0.6) stopped working. I'm getting
the following NPE for any new projects I create. All the existing
projects are compiling and packing just fine. I tested this on a newly
created project with nothing in it except the pom.xml.

I'm attaching the zip file of the package if someone wants to give it a
shot.

[DEBUG] Adding to surefire test classpath: C:\Documents and
Settings\sudhakar\.m
2\repository\org\apache\maven\surefire\surefire-api\2.3\surefire-api-2.3.jar
[DEBUG] Adding to surefire test classpath: C:\Documents and
Settings\sudhakar\.m
2\repository\org\codehaus\plexus\plexus-utils\1.1\plexus-utils-1.1.jar
[DEBUG] Adding to surefire test classpath: C:\Documents and
Settings\sudhakar\.m
2\repository\commons-lang\commons-lang\2.1\commons-lang-2.1.jar
[DEBUG] Adding to surefire test classpath: C:\Documents and
Settings\sudhakar\.m
2\repository\junit\junit\3.8.1\junit-3.8.1.jar
[INFO]
[ERROR] FATAL ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] null
[INFO]
[DEBUG] Trace
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.surefire.SurefirePlugin.constructSurefireBoot
er(SurefirePlugin.java:594)
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.surefire.SurefirePlugin.execute(SurefirePlugi
n.java:391)
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPlugi
nManager.java:443)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(Defa
ultLifecycleExecutor.java:539)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalWithLi
fecycle(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:480)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(Defau
ltLifecycleExecutor.java:459)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHan
dleFailures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:311)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegmen
ts(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:278)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLi
fecycleExecutor.java:143)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:334)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:125)
        at
java:39)
        at
sorImpl.java:25)
        at
        at

[INFO]
[INFO] Total time: 3 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Mon Oct 29 17:54:17 CDT 2007
[INFO] Final Memory: 4M/9M
[INFO]

E:\Java\workspaces\workspace\maventest>

RE: NPE all of a sudden

Posted by William Ferguson <Wi...@yarris.com>.
I suspect that you have a /src/test/java folder with no contents.

Not sure why SureFire can't handle this, it looks like a bug to me.

You have 2 options (if its as I suspect)
1) Remove the empty src/test/java folder
2) Declare the Surefire plugin and configure it not to execute any
tests.

William