Posted to dev@stanbol.apache.org by Fabian Christ <ch...@googlemail.com> on 2010/12/09 14:39:48 UTC

JIRA status Resolved vs. Closed

Hi,

I came along STANBOL-5 and resolved + closed the issue. But I don't
understand the difference between a resolved and a closed issue in
JIRA. I understand that an issue may be closed but not be resolved
before for several reasons (e.g. not a bug). But when is an issue
resolved and not closed?

Best,
 - Fabian

--
Fabian

Re: JIRA status Resolved vs. Closed

Posted by Stéfane Fermigier <sf...@nuxeo.com>.
AFAIK, once an issue is closed you can't modify it.

So at Nuxeo, what we do now is just resolve the issues (so we can
change a few metadata without reopening it, when it appears that they
are missing or not properly set), and then close all the resolved
issues (after reviewing everything is correct) en masse when we cut a
release.

  S.

On 9 December 2010 14:39, Fabian Christ <ch...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I came along STANBOL-5 and resolved + closed the issue. But I don't
> understand the difference between a resolved and a closed issue in
> JIRA. I understand that an issue may be closed but not be resolved
> before for several reasons (e.g. not a bug). But when is an issue
> resolved and not closed?
>
> Best,
>  - Fabian
>
> --
> Fabian

Web: http://www.nuxeo.com/ - Tel: +33 1 40 33 79 87
Twitter: http://twitter.com/sfermigier
"Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Being willing is not enough; we
must do." - Leonardo da Vinci

Re: JIRA status Resolved vs. Closed

Posted by Fabian Christ <ch...@googlemail.com>.
Hi,

this seems to be a good way to handle this also in Stanbol. Mark
things as resolved and close them when doing a release.

+1

- Fabian

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Hi,

On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 2:39 PM, Fabian Christ
<ch...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> ...I came along STANBOL-5 and resolved + closed the issue. But I don't
> understand the difference between a resolved and a closed issue in
> JIRA. I understand that an issue may be closed but not be resolved
> before for several reasons (e.g. not a bug). But when is an issue
> resolved and not closed?...

The way we do it in Sling is that we leave issues in the resolved
state until the corresponding module is released, and move them to
closed state then.

That seems to work well, but if people have different ideas let's discuss them.

-Bertrand