Posted to tsik-dev@ws.apache.org by he...@skynet.be on 2006/01/23 10:37:33 UTC

.net interoperability

Hi all,

I submit some days ago a problem with tsik when I tried to interoperate with .net 2005 client. After a lot of debugging to check what was wrong (signature verification failed), here are some advice to be able to interoperate successfully with .net 2005.
The configuration is the following:
A .net client 2005 send signed soap messages (WSE 3.0) to a Java web service using Tomcat 5.0.28, Axis 1.2 and tsik for ws-security.
First, when in the .net client, assertion are done to put some logging, this cause .net to introduce LF characters after signing the message. So remove any assertion which cause this behaviour.
Secondly, it appears that .net generate some prefix in the message which are not necessary.  If you are using Axis 1.2, these unecessary prefix are removed causing the signature verification to fail. To avoid this, add the following parameter in the server-config.wsdd of Axis servlet:
<parameter name=\"enableNamespacePrefixOptimization\" value=\"false\"/>
The unecessary ds prefix with thus not be removed causing the signature to be successfully check.