Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Klaus Tulipan <KT...@web.de> on 2000/09/04 14:25:06 UTC

Re: Problem in JNDI lookup while using EJB and struts framework on or ion1.2.7

you must use the same string as in the deployment descriptor/ assembly tool.
For example, if you configured "ejb/ContactManagerHome" as your JNDI lookup name on your deployer tool / DD, you must look up exactly this string. Check your DD. If you are already using this string and it is still not working, try lookup("ejb/ContactManagerHome") - the "java:comp/env" is suggested by Sun but not required by the EJB spec - it might not work on Orion.

cheers

Klaus Tulipan, Baluna GmbH

struts-user@jakarta.apache.org schrieb am 02.09.00:
> Hi,
>
> I am using struts framework and ejb on orion. In my Action class(in my case
> I have called it "AddContactAction.java") I am doing the lookup for my EJB
> home like :
>
> Object boundObject = context.lookup("java:comp/env/ejb/ContactManagerHome");
>
> I get the error message
>
> ejb/ContactManagerHome not found in contacts-web.
>
> contacts-web is my root of the WEB portion of the application.
>
> Can somebody hel me.
>
> Vimal

Klaus Tulipan
Baluna GmbH - E-Commerce Services und Solutions
Java, J2EE, JSP, Servlet, EJB, Application Server, iPlanet, Solaris
Rossertstr. 9
60323 Frankfurt am Main
Tel 069 71915050
Fax 069 71915055
mailto: KTulipan@baluna.de
Internet: www.baluna.de
Anfragen: sales@baluna.de
Bewerber: jobs@baluna.de
Training: training@baluna.de

IhrName@web.de, 8MB Speicher, Verschluesselung - http://freemail.web.de

Re: Problem in JNDI lookup while using EJB and struts framework on or ion1.2.7

Posted by Dave Smith <da...@enetgroup.co.uk>.
This solution is right.

The java:comp/env context is only available with EJBs. From clients (including servlets in the same app) you use the dployment descriptor name as Klaus wrote.