Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by TJ Smith <tj...@tjinc.com> on 2002/01/28 15:17:03 UTC

Fix height of rows/cells/etc?

Is there a way to fix the height of a table row or cell such that if the text to be placed in that row or cell exceeds that height, it is truncated?  To put it another way, I want a fixed height to an area that holds arbitrary text - if the text exceeds that height, it is truncated.

TJ

Re: Fix height of rows/cells/etc?

Posted by Anil Pinto <an...@yahoo.com>.
Hi TJ,

Did u try using a <fo:block-container> and <fo:block>
within the <fo:table-cell>

The <fo:block-container> has the height and width
properties that I believe limit the display area. Just
try it within a <fo:table-cell> and see if you can
achieve what you desire :-)

Anil.

http://auctions.yahoo.com