Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Harbs <ga...@gmail.com> on 2013/02/21 00:29:10 UTC

Getting source working in Flash Builder

I'm having an awfully difficult time getting the source working in Flash Builder. I did a full checkout of the sdk and used ant thirdparty-downloads to add dependencies. I could not add the Develop SDK to FB because it was complaining about mxmlc.jar missing. I copied all the jars from a different distribution. Was that supposed to happpen?

Okay. Now I was able to import the SDK. I might have needed to import some other stuff as well. Don't remember exactly, but now I'm stuck with the following error:
unable to open '/Users/harbs/Documents/Apache Flex/svn/sdk/branches/develop/frameworks/{playerglobalHome}/11.1/playerglobal.swc'

I copied 11.1 and 11.4 playerglobal from the 4.9 release to the same path, but it did not help. It looks like it's not expanding the token?

Also, why does it need 11.1 rather than 10.2 or so? Is that really necessary?

Harbs

Re: Getting source working in Flash Builder

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

There's good instructions under "Using the Binary Distribution" in the README file. If you have any other questions just ask.

Justin

Re: Getting source working in Flash Builder

Posted by Frédéric THOMAS <we...@hotmail.com>.
I think theoricaly, that's could be possible, first the flex-config.xml
shouldn't contain any declarations to the librairies except playerglobal,
the lib folder should be emptied, you would have to create a project for
each lib in your IDE, the build configuration of each one should take care
of the dependecies,, may keeping an ant target for the locales... I should
give a try to that at time to see if I miss something.

-Fred

Posted by Harbs <ga...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Harbs <ga...@gmail.com>.
Yes. Very weird. I did a search, and experimental.swc is there. I tried copying it to my project libs folder, and that did not help either. When I copied the source code to my src folder, I was able to address the components in ActionScript, but not mxml.

I tried creating a new Flex 4.9 project, and still nothing.

I'm using FB 4.5. Could that be making a difference?

Posted by Frédéric THOMAS <we...@hotmail.com>.

Re: Bogdan Components [Was: Getting source working in Flash Builder]

Posted by Harbs <ga...@gmail.com>.
On further digging into Alert, I have a question:

The buttons are created in a createButtons function in Alert.as instead of being part of AlertSkin. I see you allow for setting a button style for styling of the buttons, but that presupposes that all the buttons look the same. If you want to skin the buttons so the Okay button has a check icon and the Cancel button has an x icon (for example), there's no straight-forward way of doing that. Furthermore, createButtons() is a private function instead of protected, so subclassing Alert.as will not help either.

Should the button created be moved to the skin? Or maybe there should be four different styles that can be set for the buttons instead of one and leave everything else as is? Does anyone share my concern here? (I'd be happy to make modifications if others agree with me.)

Harbs

Posted by Harbs <ga...@gmail.com>.
On Feb 22, 2013, at 12:28 PM, Bogdan DINU wrote:

> Hi,
>
> 1) indeterminate ProgressBar can be made by customizing the skin. You can
> also customize the labelFunction to display whatever you need.

Hmm. But there's no easy way to change the mode. I think I'll modify the class and create a JIRA ticket when I'm done. If anyone like my modifications they can pull it into the main component. I think a convenience label setter would be nice.

> 2) ColorPicker doesn't allow you to set dataProvider - indeed you can
> extend it to suit your needs (overriding childrenCreated() will allow you
> to set any dataProvider you need).

Okay. Ditto on the above.

> 3) Alert has a skin : note that if in your skin messageDisplay is not
> defined, message will not show.

Further investigation indicates that the problem was with my setup. The styles did not assign the AlertSkin. It was using PanelSkin…

Posted by Bogdan DINU <fl...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Gavriel Harbater <ga...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Harbs <ga...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Harbs <ga...@gmail.com>.
Yes. I have that file, but the whole file is 2KB.

Opening it up shows there's not much there:

experimental.properties only has the header:
##
##  Licensed to the Apache Software Foundation (ASF) under one or more
##  contributor license agreements.  See the NOTICE file distributed with
##  this work for additional information regarding copyright ownership.
##  The ASF licenses this file to You under the Apache License, Version 2.0
##  (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with
##  the License.  You may obtain a copy of the License at
##
##      http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
##
##  Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software
##  distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS,
##  WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied.
##  See the License for the specific language governing permissions and
##  limitations under the License.
##

library.swf is 650 bytes.

The dita is empty.

 Here's the catalog:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding ="utf-8"?>
<swc xmlns="http://www.adobe.com/flash/swccatalog/9">
  <versions>
    <swc version="1.2" />
    <flex version="4.9.0" build="1425567" minimumSupportedVersion="3.0.0" />
  </versions>
  <features>
    <feature-script-deps />
    <feature-files />
  </features>
  <libraries>
    <library path="library.swf">
      <script name="_e3b0c44298fc1c149afbf4c8996fb92427ae41e4649b934ca495991b7852b855_flash_display_Sprite" mod="1356313541545" signatureChecksum="480278969" >
        <def id="_e3b0c44298fc1c149afbf4c8996fb92427ae41e4649b934ca495991b7852b855_flash_display_Sprite" />
        <dep id="flash.system:Security" type="e" />
        <dep id="AS3" type="n" />
        <dep id="flash.display:Sprite" type="i" />
      </script>
      <digests>
        <digest type="SHA-256" signed="false" value="c16e2037171e168ebe3105b603e5b55276cc26442ccf8f9e64e402e22429ca93"   />
      </digests>
    </library>
  </libraries>
  <files>
    <file path="locale/en_US/experimental.properties" mod="1355267471000" />
  </files>
</swc>

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
HI,

Posted by Harbs <ga...@gmail.com>.
I'm not sure if it's my hacky setup, or this is a real bug, but I'm getting the following error:

ReferenceError: Error #1069: Property icon not found on spark.skins.ColorPickerButtonSkin and there is no default value.

The error is in SparkSkin.as at this line:
var exclusionObject:Object = this[exclusions[i]];

Line 34 in the file seems to be the problem:
         static private const exclusions:Array = ["icon"];

I did not see an icon property anywhere…

Should I log a bug?

Posted by Harbs <ga...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Harbs <ga...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Harbs <ga...@gmail.com>.
Something is odd here.

Posted by Bogdan DINU <fl...@gmail.com>.

--
http://www.badu.ro

Re: Getting source working in Flash Builder

Posted by Nicholas Kwiatkowski <ni...@spoon.as>.

Posted by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Frédéric THOMAS <we...@hotmail.com>.
Harbs,

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Harbs <ga...@gmail.com>.
I did use the installer. The issue is that I'm trying to use the source rather than the distribution for two reasons:
1) I wanted to look into the TLF bugs that were reported.
2) I need the Alert and ColorPicker components that's not in the 4.9 release.

I tried just copying those components, but that's not working either. I'm assuming it's a namespace/package issue. Does the source need to be compiled before it can work? That doesn't make sense to me.

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Harbs <ga...@gmail.com>.
Thank you.