Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Chris Ruegger <cr...@speakeasy.net> on 2002/08/06 21:25:00 UTC

HttpSession creation?

Do the struts main servlet or jsp tags cause an HttpSesison to be
created? I'm trying to set up my app so that a session is not
created until user login, but it looks like some of the struts tags
may be expecting things at session scope. If so, is there
a way to turn this off?

Thanks

Re: HttpSession creation?

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Tue, 6 Aug 2002, Chris Ruegger wrote:

> Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 15:25:00 -0400
> From: Chris Ruegger <cr...@speakeasy.net>
> Subject: HttpSession creation?
>
> Do the struts main servlet or jsp tags cause an HttpSesison to be
> created? I'm trying to set up my app so that a session is not
> created until user login, but it looks like some of the struts tags
> may be expecting things at session scope. If so, is there
> a way to turn this off?

Every JSP page creates a session unless you tell it not to with a <%@ page
session="false" %> directive at the top.

Struts creates a session if you use the locale-based features for
internationalization.  You can turn it off globally with a <Controller ...
locale="false" ... /> setting, as well as not using the <html:html> tag,
but you give up the ability to do useful things like <bean:message>.

> Thanks

Craig