Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Laurent Rouvet <la...@rouvet.com> on 2006/01/13 01:52:48 UTC

FetchPOP

Hi All,

I know that you don't provide fetchPOP anymore... I'm using it on the
2.3.0 because I was not able to made FetchMail working
(java.net.UnknownHostException: unknown host like other people...)

However, I've a problem which is may be well know...:

Time to time I get the following error:

13/01/06 00:13:17 ERROR fetchpop.fetchmilan.mail: can't insert message
javax.mail.internet.MimeMessage@cc6a6ecreated from null

When the mail stay on the list...

any idee of the reason?

Thanks

Laurent

Re: FetchPOP

Posted by Laurent Rouvet <la...@rouvet.com>.
Stefano Bagnara wrote:

> Laurent Rouvet wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I know that you don't provide fetchPOP anymore... I'm using it on the
>> 2.3.0 because I was not able to made FetchMail working
>> (java.net.UnknownHostException: unknown host like other people...)
>

> Hi Laurent,
> have you seen the Marzio solution to the UnknownHostException problem?
> maybe this solve your issue too!

Yes I saw it... I must try to find some time to test it....  ;-)
As soon as I test it... I'll let you know...

Laurent

Re: FetchPOP

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.

Marzio De Biasi wrote:
 > Uhm,
 > I solved the problem in a dirty way:
 >

 >     protected String computeRemoteAddress()
 >         throws MessagingException, UnknownHostException
 >     {
 >         if (address.equalsIgnoreCase("localhost")) return "127.0.0.1";
 >         validatedAddress =
 > org.apache.james.dnsserver.DNSServer.getByName(address).getHostAddress();
 >         return validatedAddress;
 >     }
 >
 > and rebuild james.

Sorry but I think fetchpop has not been updated to work with 2.3.0 and I
never looked at its sources so I can't help.

Stefano