Posted to solr-dev@lucene.apache.org by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org> on 2007/04/30 22:58:28 UTC

Re: [Solr Wiki] Update of "HowToContribute" by BertrandDelacretaz

: - > svn checkout https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/solr/trunk
: + > svn checkout http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/solr/trunk
:   }}}
: +
: + Checking out over http (as opposed to https) is open to anyone, but won't allow you to commit your changes. That's where patches come in, keep on reading!

eh? ... the https port is open to everyone as well correct?

chrish@asimov:~/tmp$ mkdir tmp-fake-svn-config
chrish@asimov:~/tmp$ svn --config-dir tmp-fake-svn-config list https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/solr/trunk
CHANGES.txt
KEYS.txt

-Hoss

Re: [Solr Wiki] Update of "HowToContribute" by BertrandDelacretaz

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: advertise http over https for read-only access, as it causes less load
: on our servers, and possibly less firewall problems.

Mmmmm ... gotcha, that makes sense.

-Hoss

Re: [Solr Wiki] Update of "HowToContribute" by BertrandDelacretaz

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On 4/30/07, Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org> wrote:
> ...eh? ... the https port is open to everyone as well correct?..

Yes you're right, sorry about that.

I have corrected http://wiki.apache.org/solr/HowToContribute, but left
http instead of https in the svn co example. I think we usually
advertise http over https for read-only access, as it causes less load
on our servers, and possibly less firewall problems.

-Bertrand