Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Anthrope <pn...@anthrope.com> on 2006/12/22 20:04:45 UTC

Consumer OutOfMemory

Hello,
         I've run into a pretty serious issue with ActiveMQ 4.1 I'm trying
to read from a queue that has 175000 messages (each of which are about 10k
in size). I'm using a java heap specification of  -Xms512m -Xmx512m. I get a
Java heap space exception trying to read from this queue. I'm using the
vanilla consumer example provided in the ActiveMQ/example directory, with
durable set to true. This is the connection url I am using:

failover:(tcp://host1:5616,tcp://host2:5616)?randomize=false&initialReconectDelay=0&jms.prefetchPolicy.all=10

I thought it was an issue with the prefetch policy, so I set it to 10 for
all destinations, but that seems to have no effect at all. Any ideas how
this might be fixed? This is a really critical issue for us at the moment,
so any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
Prashanth

Re: Consumer OutOfMemory

Posted by John Heitmann <jh...@gmail.com>.
I'm not sure what your problem is, but in the past I've been bitten
by prefetch config. You should verifiy that the prefetch is actually
being set to 10. I think we ended up setting prefetch manually in
code, although I have a todo deep down on my list to take a second
look at what was going wrong there.

This is a bit of a shot in the dark, sorry if it doesn't help.

Also, just to be clear, the oom happens on your client, correct?

John