Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by "Eric A. Hall" <eh...@ehsco.com> on 2007/03/13 19:20:34 UTC

Re: Rule based on X Greylist header

On 3/13/2007 2:40 PM, Arjun Datta wrote:

> when milter-greylist detects a user that has passed SMTP AUTH - it does not
> delay it and adds a header:
>
> X Greylist: Sender succeeded SMTP Authentication, not delayed by
> milter-greylist 0.3
>
> Now, how do I add a rule to spamassassin that assigns a negative score to
> emails (like whitelisting where it adds a score of -100) that are detected
> with that header so that spamass-milter will not scan those emails.

Assuming you mean "X-Greylist" instead of "X Greylist", something like the
following will either work or get you close:

header L_MILTER_GREY X-Greylist =~ /^Sender succeeded SMTP Authentication/
score  L_MILTER_GREY -100

put that into a cf file in one of your rules directory

RE: Rule based on X Greylist header

Posted by Arjun Datta <ar...@greatgulfhomes.com>.
Hi Guys,

Eric: Thank you for your response. I am trying what you suggested.  Yes I
did mean X-Greylist and not X Greylist.

Of course after implementing it I also thought of testing what John warned
about below. And indeed milter-greylist does not purge pre existing
X-Greylist headers - I tested that as well.  So John, thanks for mentioning
that as well.

I would assume though that Spamassassin would only look at the topmost
X-Greylist header.

If I do get it to work I think I will keep it till I start noticing an
increase in spam due to X-Greylist headers being spoofed.

Regards,

Arjun Datta
Great Gulf Homes / Ashton Woods Homes
416 441 1262 x2822