Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Etienne Chauchot <ec...@apache.org> on 2018/09/10 13:07:33 UTC

[PROPOSAL] Beam jira bot exceptions

Hi,

The bot for dependency checks opens tickets automatically when it sees staled dependencies. But in some cases it is
perfectly normal.
For example, in elasticsearchIO we have the core module (used by the users) that is compatible with all the versions
(for backward compatibility and ease of use). But there is also one test module per supported version (v2, v5, v6) that
runs tests against an embedded version of ES. These modules contain ES deps in v2, v5 and v6.
In such a case the bot should not open a ticket. Shall we configure it with exceptions ?

Note that for now I closed the related tickets.

Best
Etienne

Re: [PROPOSAL] Beam jira bot exceptions

Posted by Yifan Zou <yi...@google.com>.
Thanks for raising this problem. There was a discussion about those issues
and we came up with new policies for the Jira bot. At this point, we could
close the JIRAs so that the bot won't create duplicate issues with the same
version.
https://lists.apache.org/list.html?dev@beam.apache.org:lte=1M:%5BDISCUSS%5D%20Versioning%2C%20Hadoop%20related%20dependencies%20and%20enterprise%20users
<https://lists.apache.org/list.html?dev@beam.apache.org:lte=1M:%5BDISCUSS%5D%20Versioning%2C%20Hadoop%20related%20dependencies%20and%20enterprise%20users.>

Regards.