Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by Martinus Martinus <ma...@gmail.com> on 2012/10/12 09:02:34 UTC

cdh free manager install

Hi,

I try to install cdh free manager 4 but it always failed on java
installation section. So I tried to install oracle jdk1.6.0_31 first and
tried to install the cdh free manager 4 again, but it's still failed on the
same section.

Is there something that I should do to make it run correctly?

Thanks.

Re: cdh free manager install

Posted by Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>.
Can you pls stop the bcc?

On Oct 13, 2012, at 6:33 PM, Philip Zeyliger wrote:

> Hi Martinus,
>
> The following looks quite suspicious.  When you run "sudo apt-get update" does it work?  It looks like your machine isn't connected to the Internet, or has bad DNS settings.
>
> Err http://security.ubuntu.com precise-security Release.gpg
>   Something wicked happened resolving 'server:http' (-5 - No address associated with hostname)
>
> -- Philip
>

> On Sat, Oct 13, 2012 at 9:33 AM, Martinus Martinus <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Kevin,
>
> Please find attached log files.
>
> Thanks.
>
> On Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 10:24 PM, Kevin O'dell <ke...@cloudera.com> wrote:
> bcc hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org
>
> Martinus,
>
>   It should fail and point you to a log.  Can you please provide the output of that log?
>

> On Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 3:02 AM, Martinus Martinus <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I try to install cdh free manager 4 but it always failed on java installation section. So I tried to install oracle jdk1.6.0_31 first and tried to install the cdh free manager 4 again, but it's still failed on the same section.
>
> Is there something that I should do to make it run correctly?
>
> Thanks.
>

> --
> Kevin O'Dell

Arun C. Murthy
Hortonworks Inc.
http://hortonworks.com/

Re: cdh free manager install

Posted by Philip Zeyliger <ph...@cloudera.com>.
Apologies; I'm now bcc-ing hdfs-user.  Martinus--please be sure to reply to
the scm-users list.

Re: cdh free manager install

Posted by Philip Zeyliger <ph...@cloudera.com>.
Hi Martinus,