Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Daniel Noll <da...@nuix.com> on 2007/01/18 02:23:47 UTC

OutputStream and renderers where it doesn't make sense.

Hi all...

In FOP 0.93 the Renderer framework's startRenderer() requires an
OutputStream.  But to give a few examples, AWTRenderer gets passed no
OutputStream at all (presumably it gets passed null, but it seems like a
hack to me still) and PNGRenderer outputs multiple files so it can only
use the OutputStream object to output to the first one.

Is this API going to be improved at some point so that subclasses don't
need to implement hacks such as these?  Perhaps some kind of Destination
object which could contain an OutputStream, multiple OutputStreams, or
even just a marker saying that no, there is no destination stream.

Daniel

--
Daniel Noll

Nuix Pty Ltd

Re: OutputStream and renderers where it doesn't make sense.

Posted by Andreas L Delmelle <a_...@pandora.be>.
On Jan 18, 2007, at 02:23, Daniel Noll wrote:

<snip />
> Is this API going to be improved at some point so that subclasses
> don't need to implement hacks such as these?  Perhaps some kind of
> Destination object which could contain an OutputStream, multiple
> OutputStreams, or even just a marker saying that no, there is no
> destination stream.

Immediate plans? None that I'm aware of...
You're welcome to submit a patch proposal if you want to speed things
up, though.

Cheers,

Andreas