Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by David kerber <dc...@verizon.net> on 2010/03/09 15:19:35 UTC

Unregister jdbc driver on tc shutdown

As part of my migration to tc 6.0, my testing is turning up this notice
when I shutdown the tc service on windows server 2003:

SEVERE: A web application registered the JBDC driver
[ianywhere.ml.jdbcodbc.IDriver] but failed to unregister it when the web
application was stopped. To prevent a memory leak, the JDBC Driver has
been forcibly unregistered.

I think I understand what this is telling me, but how do I unregister
the jdbc driver to prevent this warning?

Re: Unregister jdbc driver on tc shutdown

Posted by David kerber <dc...@verizon.net>.
Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
>> From: David kerber [mailto:dckerber@verizon.net]
>> Subject: Unregister jdbc driver on tc shutdown
>>
>> I think I understand what this is telling me, but how do I unregister
>> the jdbc driver to prevent this warning?
>
> java.sql.DriverManager.deregisterDriver()
>
> http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/api/java/sql/DriverManager.html

That did it; thanks, Chuck.

RE: Unregister jdbc driver on tc shutdown

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: David kerber [mailto:dckerber@verizon.net]
> Subject: Unregister jdbc driver on tc shutdown
>
> I think I understand what this is telling me, but how do I unregister
> the jdbc driver to prevent this warning?

java.sql.DriverManager.deregisterDriver()

http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/api/java/sql/DriverManager.html

 - Chuck