Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Debasish Das <de...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/05 23:04:22 UTC

Master compilation

I am synced with apache/spark master but getting error in spark/sql
compilation...

Is the master broken ?

[info] Compiling 34 Scala sources to
/home/debasish/spark_deploy/sql/core/target/scala-2.10/classes...
[error]
/home/debasish/spark_deploy/sql/core/src/main/scala/org/apache/spark/sql/parquet/ParquetRelation.scala:106:
value getGlobal is not a member of object java.util.logging.Logger
[error]       logger.setParent(Logger.getGlobal)
[error]                               ^
[error] one error found
[error] (sql/compile:compile) Compilation failed
[error] Total time: 171 s, completed Apr 5, 2014 4:58:41 PM

Thanks.
Deb

Re: Master compilation

Posted by Koert Kuipers <ko...@tresata.com>.
thats confusing. it seems to me the breeze dependency has been compiled
with java 6, since the mllib tests passed fine for me with java 6

Re: Master compilation

Posted by Debasish Das <de...@gmail.com>.
Yeah spark builds are fine...

For solvers we are planning to use breeze optimization since it has most of
the core functions we will need and we can enhance it further (QP solver
for example)

Right now sparse kmeans in spark mllib uses breeze and that might not even
need this line of code....But still I thought Xiangrui should be aware of
this issue...

Re: Master compilation

Posted by Sean Owen <so...@cloudera.com>.

Re: Master compilation

Posted by Debasish Das <de...@gmail.com>.
Hi Koert,

Re: Master compilation

Posted by Koert Kuipers <ko...@tresata.com>.

Re: Master compilation

Posted by Debasish Das <de...@gmail.com>.

Re: Master compilation

Posted by Sean Owen <so...@cloudera.com>.

Re: Master compilation

Posted by Debasish Das <de...@gmail.com>.
@patrick our cluster still has java6 deployed...and I compiled using jdk6...

Sean is looking into it...this api is in java7 but not java6...

Re: Master compilation

Posted by Koert Kuipers <ko...@tresata.com>.
see here for similar issue

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/spark-user/201401.mbox/%3CCALNFXi2hBSyCkPpnBJBYJnPv3dSLNw8VpL_6caEn3yfXCykO=w@mail.gmail.com%3E

Re: Master compilation

Posted by Sean Owen <so...@cloudera.com>.

Re: Master compilation

Posted by Koert Kuipers <ko...@tresata.com>.
i suggest we stick to 2.10.3, since otherwise it seems that (surprisingly)
you force everyone to upgrade

Re: Master compilation

Posted by Koert Kuipers <ko...@tresata.com>.

Re: Master compilation