Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Alex Huang <Al...@citrix.com> on 2013/07/10 06:02:23 UTC

RE: [DISCUSS] If BVT breaks, revert the commits...

Sorry this took a little longer than expected with the holiday in US.  Here's the first proposal [1] on the automated test system.  Comments welcome.

Specifically, I have one question on if we should have a staging branch for all release branches and master where all checkins go and the build system automatically cherry-pick over commits that passes the tests.

I believe we have a lot of pieces in place.  Prassana, Sudha, Rayees, Ram Ganesh, myself, and a few others will be working to get this system in place.

--Alex
[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Automated+Tests+Rules+and+Guidelines

Posted by Prasanna Santhanam <ts...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 03:06:41PM +0530, Girish Shilamkar wrote:
> Alex,
>
> On 10-Jul-2013, at 9:32 AM, Alex Huang <Al...@citrix.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Sorry this took a little longer than expected with the holiday in
> > US.  Here's the first proposal [1] on the automated test system.
> > Comments welcome.
> >
> > Specifically, I have one question on if we should have a staging
> > branch for all release branches and master where all checkins go
> > and the build system automatically cherry-pick over commits that
> > passes the tests.
> +1 Staging branch is better option than to revert the commits. One
> useful way might be to trigger a jenkins job once a patch is
> uploaded to review board and run BVT.

A staging area would indeed be useful for passing tests and gating the
checkins.

> But as of now Jenkins plugin for review board does not have git
> support.
> https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Reviewboard+Plugin

Yeah - this is a perforce only plugin I'm afraid.

--
Prasanna.,

------------------------
Powered by BigRock.com

Re: [DISCUSS] If BVT breaks, revert the commits...

Posted by Girish Shilamkar <gi...@clogeny.com>.
Alex,

On 10-Jul-2013, at 9:32 AM, Alex Huang <Al...@citrix.com> wrote:

> Sorry this took a little longer than expected with the holiday in US.  Here's the first proposal [1] on the automated test system.  Comments welcome.
>
> Specifically, I have one question on if we should have a staging branch for all release branches and master where all checkins go and the build system automatically cherry-pick over commits that passes the tests.
+1
Staging branch is better option than to revert the commits. One useful way might be to trigger a jenkins job once a patch is uploaded to review board and run BVT.
But as of now Jenkins plugin for review board does not have git support. https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Reviewboard+Plugin

Regards,
Girish