Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by x nooby <xn...@yahoo.com> on 2005/11/30 20:46:28 UTC

Can svn commands set DOS ERRORLEVEL?

I was looking for a way to test if a file was under
Subversion's control, and have that test set the DOS
ERRORLEVEL.  I was trying these commands:

   svn info filename.txt
   echo %ERRORLEVEL%

and

   svn st filename.txt
   echo %ERRORLEVEL%

but ERRORLEVEL is always 0, regardless if the file is
under Subversions control.

My overall goal is to have a batch file make copies of
unversioned-files to another directory.

thanks!

Re: Can svn commands set DOS ERRORLEVEL?

Posted by Darko Miletic <da...@uvcms.com>.
x nooby wrote:
> I was looking for a way to test if a file was under
> Subversion's control, and have that test set the DOS
> ERRORLEVEL.  I was trying these commands:
>
>    svn info filename.txt
>    echo %ERRORLEVEL%

The problem with subversion client is that it does not return error
code. You only have two codes returned. If operation was performed
without errors you will get 0, otherwise you will get 1.

BTW I was using %errorlevel% in my scripts and it was working fine.

Darko