Posted to user@shiro.apache.org by kaandok <ka...@gmail.com> on 2012/07/01 08:51:58 UTC

How to handle GoogleBot in Shiro?

Hi, one of my projects need to have a copy of authenticated pages get indexed
by google (they don't have any user related information)

I am normally using a custom shiro authc filter for my needs, but I'm not
sure where I should handle GoogleBot in the filter chain.

There seems to be two option either I can let GoogleBot crawl my secure
pages via query parameters or I need to do user agent sniffing with some
reverse IP checks and once I decide the visitot is GoogleBot, allow access
to authenticated pages withou any login attempt.

In any case, where do you suggest that I handle the crawler in the Shiro
filter chain? Do you have a simpler solution for handling GoogleBot on
authenticated pages?

Thanks for your time,.

Regards,
Kaan.