Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Lionel Crine <lc...@linagora.com> on 2007/11/14 22:27:51 UTC

Re: Need info on IPv6 support for Tomcat in RHEL and SLES distros

Hi all,

On Linux, IPv6 comes with the the kernel. You can either activated or
not during configuration of it.
This can be done since 2.4 version.

So distributions with recent kernels don't have trouble with it because
there are released with 2.6 kernel and with IPv6 activated by default.
Be careful, "activated" means you can either use it or not.

Since 1.4 sdk (sun), you can code java taking care of IPv6 in your
application.

In the opposite way, sometimes IPv6 with JVM is bothering us and so we
use this option :  -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true

Finally, Tomcat is just a container for application and, as mention by
Mark, application may be patch to work.

Lionel