Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by Colin Taylor <co...@gmail.com> on 2005/04/03 23:28:33 UTC

derby for unit-testing / db snapshots

Hi there,

I would like to use Derby for my unit testing where a testing snapshot
for the database  is reverted  to after each suite of tests complete.
I believe I could do this my copying the data directory but that seems
a bit heavyweight considering I'll have a lot of suites for my 200+
table schema which I will want to run in isolation.

>From an earlier thread http://tinyurl.com/4ebxq  I understand point of
time recovery is not supported but I could achieve this effect with
log sequence numbers? Can anyone give me some pointers on how i might
achieve this? Do I  get a the current sequence number at the start of
the test suite and then roll the log back to it when the suites
finished.  Or is there perhaps a way for my inserts/updates/deletes to
only exist during the suites lifetime some how..

Cheers for any help
Colin.