Posted to dev@community.apache.org by Juan Pan <pa...@apache.org> on 2021/06/20 07:56:18 UTC

[Question] Deliver failure on announce@apache.org

Hi everyone,

Hope you doing well and keeping safe.

I just wonder anyone encountered the following `failure notice` from `announce@apache.org`? How do you deal with it?

We are going to announce our release on dev@shardingsphere.apache.org and announce@apache.org. However, announce@ml rejected my email with the following notice, but dev@ml worked well. I tried to modify the content and resent it many times but still failed. :(

Looking forward to your any comment or response!

```
Hi. This is the qmail-send program at apache.org.

<an...@apache.org>:
ezmlm-reject: fatal: Sorry, a message part has an unacceptable MIME Content-Type: 'text/html' (#5.2.3)

```

Thanks in advance,

Trista

Juan Pan(Trista), Apache ShardingSphere PMC
Twitter, @trista86934690

Re: [Question] Deliver failure on announce@apache.org

Posted by Juan Pan <pa...@apache.org>.
Hi everyone,

Thanks Sheng and Xiangdong, finically, I succeeded in sending the release email to announce@ml.

Here are tips for anyone who has the same confusion,
- Please make sure your email in `plain text mode`
- Please send the email using your apache.org mailbox

I am unsure they are requirements or not, but that works for me.

Thanks,
Trista

Juan Pan(Trista), Apache ShardingSphere PMC, Apache brpc (Incubating) IPMC
Twitter, @trista86934690

On 06/20/2021 21:03,Sheng Wu<wu...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi, Juan

What does the reply say? After you changed the content to plain text?
Are you still using @apache.org mailbox to send?

Sheng Wu 吴晟
Twitter, wusheng1108

Juan Pan <pa...@apache.org> 于2021年6月20日周日 下午6:22写道:

Hi Xiangdong,

Appreciated your response.
I took your advice and chose `more option` -> `plain text mode` but it
didn’t work...

Juan Pan(Trista), Apache ShardingSphere PMC
Twitter, @trista86934690

On 06/20/2021 16:27,Xiangdong Huang<sa...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Juan,

The email must be in pure-text format.

If you are using Gmail, just click the icon (vertical 3 spots), and
choose "pure text" (纯文本模式).

Best,

-----------------------------------
Xiangdong Huang
School of Software, Tsinghua University

黄向东
清华大学 软件学院

Juan Pan <pa...@apache.org> 于2021年6月20日周日 下午3:56写道:

Hi everyone,

Hope you doing well and keeping safe.

I just wonder anyone encountered the following `failure notice` from `
announce@apache.org`? How do you deal with it?

We are going to announce our release on dev@shardingsphere.apache.org and
announce@apache.org. However, announce@ml rejected my email with the
following notice, but dev@ml worked well. I tried to modify the content
and resent it many times but still failed. :(

Looking forward to your any comment or response!

```
Hi. This is the qmail-send program at apache.org.
I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following
addresses.

Posted by Sheng Wu <wu...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Juan

Posted by Xiangdong Huang <sa...@gmail.com>.