Posted to dev@velocity.apache.org by Henning Schmiedehausen <he...@schmiedehausen.org> on 2010/11/02 22:22:15 UTC

Building the velocity site

Hi,

so after a way too long time, I finally spent some time to fix the
various pieces that were/are required to build the Velocity site.

Both Nathan and I were able to build the velocity site locally and
push it to people.apache.org. Which is great.

This is the procedure:

- check out https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/velocity/site into a "site" folder
- go to site/tools and run "mvn install"
- afterwards, go to site/site and run "mvn clean site"

This builds the velocity web site. Running "mvn site:deploy" requires
the necessary credentials to push it to people.apache.org but is then
straightforward.

I will call for vote shortly to release the various tools required to
build the site.

-h

Re: Building the velocity site

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.
2010/11/6 Henning Schmiedehausen <he...@schmiedehausen.org>:
> In that case, I would move the actual site code from site/site into just site/

+1, sorry I forgot it (time for a phosphor cure :-D )

Antonio

Re: Building the velocity site

Posted by Henning Schmiedehausen <he...@schmiedehausen.org>.
In that case, I would move the actual site code from site/site into just site/

-h

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.
2010/11/2 Henning Schmiedehausen <he...@schmiedehausen.org>:
> - go to site/tools and run "mvn install"

Henning, I noticed I forgot a thing to do on site tools.
I would like to move them to a distinct part of the SVN repository and
modify the POM a bit, to be the same as the other projects.
Would you mind to wait a bit until I've fixed them? I will do it this
evening CET, I will let you know when I'm finished.

I must confess that I did not care about site tools, so I wanted to
remove them, but in fact they are useful, even for non Velocity
developers, so they deserve their own SVN path.

Thanks
Antonio