Posted to user@commons.apache.org by robert burrell donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk> on 2006/10/28 21:37:53 UTC

RE: Betwixt CyclicReferenceException: Bean graph contains a cyclic reference

On Tue, 2006-10-24 at 14:11 -0400, Rao, Sailesh wrote:
> In further digging through the trace logs, I find a whole bunch of ClassCastException prior to the CyclicReferenceException.
> Any idea what may be causing the ClassCastExceptions?

could be a classloader issue since betwixt works by reflection

- robert

RE: Betwixt CyclicReferenceException: Bean graph contains a cyclicreference

Posted by "Rao, Sailesh" <Sa...@53.com>.
Thanks to all who responded. I finally figured out that the betwixt file for one of the beans was in lower case and not in title case. The bean class was in title case. So the code ran fine on windows but failed on AIX because it could not pick up the .betwixt file. That probably resulted in betwixt trying to introspect the bean and write all of its properties to XML.

Regards
Sailesh

On Tue, 2006-10-24 at 14:11 -0400, Rao, Sailesh wrote:
> In further digging through the trace logs, I find a whole bunch of ClassCastException prior to the CyclicReferenceException.
> Any idea what may be causing the ClassCastExceptions?

could be a classloader issue since betwixt works by reflection

- robert

This e-mail transmission contains information that is confidential and may be privileged.   It is intended only for the addressee(s) named above. If you receive this e-mail in error, please do not read, copy or disseminate it in any manner. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. Please reply to the message immediately by informing the sender that the message was misdirected. After replying, please erase it from your computer system. Your assistance in correcting this error is appreciated.