Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Kathey Marsden <km...@sbcglobal.net> on 2009/05/27 20:25:31 UTC

Derby get together at CommunityOne?

The agenda for CommunityOne shows a mid-day break from 12:40 - 1:40.
Would Derby folks like to gather for lunch?
http://developers.sun.com/events/communityone/2009/west/agenda.jsp

Last year they provided sandwiches and had tables set up which was nice.
I don't know if we should bring our own lunch this time or if it will be
provided. Does anyone know?

Kathey

Re: Derby get together at CommunityOne?

Posted by Rick Hillegas <Ri...@Sun.COM>.
Both great ideas. I'm looking forward to catching up with other Derby
folks both at lunch and at the party.

Cheers,
-Rick

Posted by Francois Orsini <fr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Kathey,

Posted by Tiago Espinha <ti...@espinhas.net>.
I'll gladly join in. Want to finance my trip? #:)

Hehe, just kidding, have a good time there. I'll join you guys and girls
some day, when I'm rich and famous.

Cheers,
Tiago

On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 7:25 PM, Kathey Marsden <kmarsdenderby@sbcglobal.net

Posted by Rick Hillegas <Ri...@Sun.COM>.
Dag H. Wanvik wrote:
> Kathey Marsden <km...@sbcglobal.net> writes:
>

>> Well it looks like we are all in the same boat this year. I just read
>> my registration which says  quite clearly "You're on your own for
>> lunch."  At 12:40, why don't we all grab something and head over to
>> our regular Derby lunch spot. he big atrium at 599 *Mission* Street in
>> San Francisco (the big glass lobby on the southeast corner of
>> *Mission*  and 2nd Streets), a couple blocks from Moscone.
>>

> Sounds good!
>
> +1
>
> Dag

+1

Re: Derby get together at CommunityOne?

Posted by "Dag H. Wanvik" <Da...@Sun.COM>.

Posted by Kathey Marsden <km...@sbcglobal.net>.
Knut Anders Hatlen wrote:
> In the previous years, I don't think Sun
> employees got a free lunch or even got to enter the lunch area, so it's
> probably safest to meet somewhere outside the lunch area and take it
> from there.

Well it looks like we are all in the same boat this year. I just read my
registration which says  quite clearly "You're on your own for lunch."
At 12:40, why don't we all grab something and head over to our regular
Derby lunch spot. he big atrium at 599 *Mission* Street in  San
Francisco (the big glass lobby on the southeast corner of *Mission*  and
2nd Streets), a couple blocks from Moscone.
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=747+Howard+St,+San+Francisco&daddr=599+Mission,+San+Francisco&hl=en&mra=ls&dirflg=w&sll=37.792205,-122.416364&sspn=0.027605,0.044889&ie=UTF8&z=16

As usual early birds can grab tables.

Posted by Knut Anders Hatlen <Kn...@Sun.COM>.
Kathey Marsden <km...@sbcglobal.net> writes:

> The agenda for CommunityOne shows a mid-day break from 12:40 - 1:40.
> Would Derby folks like to gather for lunch?
> http://developers.sun.com/events/communityone/2009/west/agenda.jsp
>
> Last year they provided sandwiches and had tables set up which was
> nice. I don't know if we should bring our own lunch this time or if it
> will be provided. Does anyone know?

Hi Kathey,

That sounds like a great idea. In the previous years, I don't think Sun
employees got a free lunch or even got to enter the lunch area, so it's
probably safest to meet somewhere outside the lunch area and take it
from there. Could someone more familiar with the area suggest
coordinates?

And those who have Derby/Cloudscape/Java DB shirts/hats/flags should
bring them so that it's easier to find each other! :)

--
Knut Anders