Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Kamal Ezzaki <ka...@gmail.com> on 2019/04/01 17:22:51 UTC

OTP Lost

is there any way if a user lost his way to authentificate ? is there any
way to reset his authentification ?

Re: OTP Lost

Posted by Kamal Ezzaki <ka...@gmail.com>.
yes that's what i m trying to add to my project now , i wanna add a field
to give the adminitrator to remove the totp authentificator so that the
user be able to recreate another one

Re: OTP Lost

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Apr 1, 2019 at 3:16 PM Christian Kraus <ch...@ckc-it.at>
wrote:

> AFAIK not this time, only recreate user so far / editing the SQL entries
> manually

Yes, removing and recreating the user would work; however, this is not
necessary.  Simply removing the associated rows from the table should do
the trick.  I can't remember if someone put in a feature request for
editing the fields, but, if not, this seems like a reasonable feature to
add to this module - the ability to clear the TOTP information for a
particular user.  I'm not entirely sure how it would be implemented, as I
know that exposing this data - even to administrators - is
less-than-desirable.  Perhaps we could come up with a field type for the
interface that allowed the field to be cleared without showing the contents?

-Nick

RE: OTP Lost

Posted by Christian Kraus <ch...@ckc-it.at>.
AFAIK not this time, only recreate user so far / editing the SQL entries manually

rg

Christian

Christian Kraus
Inhaber
CKC IT Consulting & Solutions e.U.
Kirschenallee 22
2120 OBERSDORF
Österreich
Telefon: +43 (0) 680 2062952
Fax:        +43 820 220262992
E-mail: christian.kraus@ckc-it.at

is there any way if a user lost his way to authentificate ? is there any way to reset his authentification ?

Re: OTP Lost

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Apr 1, 2019 at 1:33 PM Kamal Ezzaki <ka...@gmail.com> wrote:

> is there any way if a user lost his way to authentificate ? is there any
> way to reset his authentification ?

You delete the totp-* attributes from the database for that user.  They are
stored in the guacamole_user_attributes table.

-Nick