Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Listman <li...@bluejeantime.com> on 2014/01/03 21:15:10 UTC

Problem with installing subversion 1.8.5 with apache 2.4.3

I am installing apache 2.4.3 and subversion 1.8.5 and I keep getting this error when starting apache:

Unknown DAV provider: svn

I researched the internet and reread the INSTALL instructions in subversion and I can’t get it to work.

Here is my apache config:

<Location /svn>
   DAV svn <— this line causes the error
#This directive allows serving multiple repos
   SVNParentPath /var/repos
   SVNListParentPath on
 SVNAutoversioning on
   ModMimeUsePathInfo on
  SVNAllowBulkUpdates On
#Access control policy
        AuthzSVNAccessFile /etc/svn-policy
        Authtype basic
        AuthName "Subversion Repository!"
        AuthUserFile /etc/svn-auth-file
#<LimitExcept CONNECT GET PROPFIND OPTIONS REPORT>
         Require valid-user
#</LimitExcept>
SVNIndexXSLT "/svnindex.xsl"
</Location>

I have linked all of the proper mods to apache.

Any ideas?

TIA,

ZK

Re: Problem with installing subversion 1.8.5 with apache 2.4.3

Posted by Listman <li...@bluejeantime.com>.
Thanks for the idea of checking for incompatibility.

ZK

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@wandisco.com>.