Posted to dev@streampipes.apache.org by Dominik Riemer <ri...@apache.org> on 2020/05/27 17:16:27 UTC

Migrating the pipeline editor to Angular

Hi all,

I’ve created an issue [1] to migrate the pipeline editor module in the UI from AngularJS to Angular.

A little background:

We are currently running AngularJS and Angular in parallel and have started to migrate old AngularJS modules component-by-component. The only modules left that are still implemented in AngularJS are the pipeline editor, the pipeline overview and the pipeline element installation modules. I’d personally prefer to abandon AngularJS sooner than later as it complicates the development of some UI-wide features (e.g., better user and access management) and hinders reuse of components. So I think I will start migrating the pipeline editor now and maybe we can get this finished before the next release.

So as this implies a rather major refactoring anyways, I’m interested if you see any things in the UI of the pipeline editor that could be improved or things you are missing?

Any thoughts and ideas are welcome 😊

Dominik

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STREAMPIPES-145

Re: RE: Migrating the pipeline editor to Angular

Posted by Dominik Riemer <ri...@apache.org>.
Hi all,

just to give you a quick status update - I'm almost finished with migrating the pipeline editor.
There are still a few things missing (form validation and migration of some static property renderers, e.g., for code input), but I plan to have this finished soon.
Afterwards, I'll directly start to migrate the pipeline overview/pipeline details view, as both views share some components with the pipeline editor.

Dominik

Posted by Dominik Riemer <ri...@apache.org>.
Hi Grainier,

Posted by Grainier Perera <gr...@apache.org>.
Hi Dominik,

Posted by Dominik Riemer <ri...@apache.org>.
Ok, I've just seen that you already used this in the rate limit component 😉

So just ignore what I wrote in the second paragraph 😉
Dominik

yes, that would be nice to have and one of the things that will be easier to implement after migration.
I created a JIRA for tracking ideas for that kind of improvements, feel free to add more if you have any ideas!
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STREAMPIPES-150

There is currently a feature to create simple conditional fields called AlternativeStaticProperty:

Posted by Grainier Perera <gr...@apache.org>.
Hi Dominik,