Posted to users@ws.apache.org by Sam Silvester <sa...@gmail.com> on 2005/03/11 06:10:48 UTC

XML-RPC method response has spurious LF every 4096 characters

Hi All,

I'm having a problem with the Apache XML-RPC running as a server. I
have a method that returns a reasonably large Vector, and when this is
sent to the client as a methodResponse, linefeeds are inserted once
the line reaches 4096 characters! Unluckily for me, that happens right
in the middle of an endElement tag, such that instead of </value>
being output, it is broken over two lines such that </ is at the end
of the first line, and value> is at the beginning of the second.
Needless to say, the client chokes on this.

I'm not sure what other information may be needed to work out what is
going on here, please let me know if you want me to post some example
output (I won't at this point to keep the size of this message down) -
for the moment I'll present a trimmed example:

Method Call:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<methodCall>
<methodName>test.listConfigs</methodName>
<params>
</params></methodCall>

Method Response:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>...lots of data trimmed
here...<value>Type=1</
value><value>Name=Element5</value>

(See what I mean about the split? That happens consistently at 4096 characters!)

Thanks in advance,

Sam