Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com> on 2011/12/23 16:43:50 UTC

Re: Configuring Replication

We need some more details. It might help to review:
I don't even know how to go about trying.

Are you clicking on the master? Slave? Have
you indexed any docs on the master? Details matter.

But to your second point, yes this is a common (and recommended)
configuration. Index on the master and search on the slaves.

Best
Erick

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
I suspect you haven't enabled the replication handler in solrconfig.xml.

Look in solrconfig.xml for a line like:

<requestHandler name="/replication" class="solr.ReplicationHandler" >
by default, I believe it's commented out. Have you uncommented it?

Best
Erick

Posted by Ahmet Arslan <io...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Ahson Iqbal <mi...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Ahmet

Posted by Ahmet Arslan <io...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Ahson Iqbal <mi...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Erick

Thanks a lot for your valued response,

http://localhost:8983/solr/replication [http://localhost:8983/solr is master server's url ]

you should get response OK

but unfortunately, i am getting 404 Error with following message

HTTP Status 404 - /solr/replication

here are the configurations i have done on master server

<requestHandler name="/replication" class="org.apache.solr.ReplicationHandler">
    <lst name="master">

        <str name="replicateAfter">startup</str>
        <str name="replicateAfter">commit</str>

        <str name="commitReserveDuration">00:00:10</str>
    </lst>
</requestHandler>

now I want to know is there something wrong with the configurations

Regards
Ahsan