Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Matt Koranda <ma...@orkan.no> on 2002/07/29 15:42:50 UTC

Encoding text as HTML

Does anyone have a suggestion as to a library that will help my encode my output as HTML so that, for example, I could replace linebreaks with <br> tags?  I've seen some basic ones that can handle that but I would also like to be able to handle scandinavian and german characters, and perhaps choose what characters it is able to replace.

I've made a tool already to allow me to just have: $display.format(incomingText) but I would like this to connect to an existing library if possible.

Thank you in advance!
Matt