Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Oliver Hernàndez Valls <oh...@notariado.org> on 2006/06/09 09:45:53 UTC

Text justification in MTIFF output

Hi all,
	I'm working in a j2ee project where we need to generate text images. We
use FOP 0.91 beta for creating MTIFF text images from dinamically
generated xmls from database.
	As this images are inserted into public documents the text must be
justified for a correct layout.
	The problem I have is that the document doesn't justify.
	For testing I'm using a little document that justifies if I generate
the output as PDF. But when I generate the output as MTIFF with the same
input, the text doesn't justify.
	Is there any problem whith justifying in MTIFF?
	any workaround?

thanks in advance!!

Oliver HV

Re: Text justification in MTIFF output

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
As is hinted at [1] and [2], the bitmap renderers (which rely on the
Java2DRenderer) are not quite up-to-date in the latest release (0.92beta).
However, I've recently been able to bring the Java2DRenderer up to full
functionality level. You'll need to use FOP Trunk (from the SVN
repository) until the next release.

[1] http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/status.html#component-status
[2] http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/0.92/output.html#awt

On 09.06.2006 09:45:53 Oliver Hernàndez Valls wrote:
> Hi all,
> 	I'm working in a j2ee project where we need to generate text images. We
> use FOP 0.91 beta for creating MTIFF text images from dinamically
> generated xmls from database.
> 	As this images are inserted into public documents the text must be
> justified for a correct layout.
> 	The problem I have is that the document doesn't justify.
> 	For testing I'm using a little document that justifies if I generate
> the output as PDF. But when I generate the output as MTIFF with the same
> input, the text doesn't justify.
> 	Is there any problem whith justifying in MTIFF?
> 	any workaround?

Jeremias Maerki