Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Anton Shepelev <an...@gmail.com> on 2012/05/04 13:47:59 UTC

NNTP Administration

Hello all,

I  have  the following questinons about James's NNTP
module:

  1.  What settings are responsible for how long  it
      takes  for  a  posted article to appear on the
      server?

  2.  Does James support article expiration and,  if
      it does, where can it be configured?

Re: NNTP Administration

Posted by Ioan Eugen Stan <st...@gmail.com>.
2012/5/4 Anton Shepelev <an...@gmail.com>:
> Ioan Eugen Stan:
>
>> > I  have  the  following questinons about James's
>> > NNTP module:
>> >
>> >   1.  What settings are responsible for how long
>> >       it takes for a posted article to appear on
>> >       the server?
>> >
>> >   2.  Does James support article expiration and,
>> >       if it does, where can it be configured?
>>
>> I don't know the answer to your questions but NNTP
>> is only available in James 2.3
>
> Yep, I am using it.  I wish NNTP were not discontin-
> ued.

I may take some time to port NNTP to 3.0 this summer. I'm taking some
time off and will be working on James .

> --
> ()  ascii ribbon campaign - against html e-mail
> /\  www.asciiribbon.org   - against proprietary attachments

Ioan Eugen Stan
http://ieugen.blogspot.com/  *** http://bucharest-jug.github.com/ ***

Re: NNTP Administration