Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Vikas Mayur <vi...@gmail.com> on 2008/01/12 10:01:23 UTC

Duplicate Labels

I see that few labels (same) are spread over more than one *
UiLabels.properties file. I know there has been a good effort in cleaning
them day by day.
Though my question is little different.
Say, I have a label already defined in ManufacturingUiLabel.properties and I
need that in accounitng or any other component.
What is wise to do ?
1) Either to use this label.
    AFAIK that we check the label in some priority like we start from
CommonUi if it is found there, it is preferred over if it is found in any
other component (because of duplicacy)
2) Create a same label for accounting component as well, but that will add
to duplicacy.

I am confused with this issue. Can any one help me out ?

Thanks,
- Vikas

Re: Duplicate Labels

Posted by David E Jones <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

The intended pattern is a little more complex, but not much:

1. put labels in the most natural/applicable component; if another
component needs that label, and it clearly belongs in the first then
the properties file from the first should be used from the second

2. for labels used in lots of components, and for common words and
phrases, put them in the common component and include/use in other
components

-David

Re: Duplicate Labels

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.