Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Gilles <gi...@harfang.homelinux.org> on 2017/05/01 23:44:28 UTC

[Math] JIRA issues with proposed fixes

Hi.

There are some issues reported that come with a proposed fix.
If you think that the change is adequate, do not hesitate to
apply it. E.g.:

Some may be fixed already. If you can confirm it, do not
hesitate to resolve the report (updating "changes.xml" if
not done already). E.g.:

Gilles

Re: [Math] JIRA issues with proposed fixes

Posted by Gilles <gi...@harfang.homelinux.org>.
On Tue, 02 May 2017 01:44:28 +0200, Gilles wrote:
> Hi.
>
> There are some issues reported that come with a proposed fix.
> If you think that the change is adequate, do not hesitate to
> apply it. E.g.:
>  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MATH-1381
>  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MATH-1400

Also:

Posted by "Bruno P. Kinoshita" <br...@yahoo.com.br.INVALID>.
MATH-1401 is not fixed yet. Fixing it doesn't seem so hard, the problem is the required domain knowledge in stats - which I don't have :-)

I'm gathering links to study over the next days, so I've assigned that ticket to me. Hopefully by the weekend I will understand Clopper-Pearson intervals, and why our implementation is throwing errors while implementations in R are not.

Cheers
Bruno

________________________________
Posted by "Bruno P. Kinoshita" <br...@yahoo.com.br.INVALID>.
Hi,

>>> There are some issues reported that come with a proposed fix.>> If you think that the change is adequate, do not hesitate to
>> apply it. E.g.:

>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MATH-1381

Done, pull request submitted [1] and merged.

>> Some may be fixed already. If you can confirm it, do not
>> hesitate to resolve the report (updating "changes.xml" if
>> not done already). E.g.:
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MATH-1401

This one was fun. Had to use R to check the results, and then chase stats papers to find out how to solve it. Pull request submitted [2]. Would be great if someone could review it before 4.0.

And for MATH- [3], I have another pull request [4], which I intend to merge tomorrow afternoon if there are no objections. Will break compatibility with previous versions, but given it's a major release, I assume it would be the right time for it.

Before 4.x, the next issue I am planning to work on [math] is MATH-1408 [5], for GWT and Math. This issue is related to MATH-1413, but not sure if will be able to submit a complete solution in the next weeks.

Cheers
Bruno

[1] https://github.com/apache/commons-math/pull/59
[2] https://github.com/apache/commons-math/pull/60