Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Raquel Cruz <rm...@gmail.com> on 2008/06/12 11:55:27 UTC

Selector Portlet

Hello everyone

I would like to know why Selector Portlet works in Firefox but when I am
using IE noone link works. Btw, I can't find the .CSS file to change that
layout.

Can I change permissions/restrictions to access this portlet without being
login? Where can I do that?
Anyone can help?

Thanks
Raquel

Re: Selector Portlet

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
On Jun 25, 2008, at 6:36 AM, Raquel Cruz wrote:

> Hi
>
> So, do you have a solution to my problem? (Please, tell me yes...)

OK. "Yes" :)

I believe what you want is all of your guests to be able to edit pages
(I don't recommend doing this)
This is effectively like turning off security constraints on your portal

It appears that the "public-edit" constraint is not right for your
needs. Edit the page.security file, and change it from:

  <security-constraints-def name="public-edit">
     <security-constraint>
       <roles>user</roles>
       <permissions>view, edit</permissions>
     </security-constraint>
   </security-constraints-def>

  <security-constraints-def name="public-edit">
     <security-constraint>
       <roles>user,guest</roles>
       <permissions>view, edit</permissions>
     </security-constraint>
   </security-constraints-def>

Then change edit both /folder.metadata and /default-page.psml, change
from:

   <security-constraints>
     <security-constraints-ref>public-view</security-constraints-ref>
   </security-constraints>

   <security-constraints>
     <security-constraints-ref>public-edit</security-constraints-ref>
   </security-constraints>

btw, setting both public-view and public-edit makes no sense. The XSD
should allow only one definition

   <js:security-constraint-ref>public-view</js:security-constraint-ref>
   <js:security-constraint-ref>public-edit</js:security-constraint-ref>

So you should remove these entries and use the page constraints to
control your security until you have a better understanding of how
portlet-level constraints work

Re: Selector Portlet

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
On Jun 25, 2008, at 8:08 AM, Vivek Kumar wrote:

> I have modified the public-view constraint and just allowed all user
> to edit
> it. For it you need to login as administrator and goto constraints
> tab and
> modify the public-view constraint by allowing the edit access to all
> users..

Vivek, I just made this change to the trunk as well

Re: Selector Portlet

Posted by Vivek Kumar <fi...@gmail.com>.

--
Regards & thanks
Vivek Kumar

firevelocity@gmail.com

Re: Selector Portlet

Posted by Raquel Cruz <rm...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Re: Selector Portlet

Posted by Vivek Kumar <fi...@gmail.com>.
Hi

--
Regards & thanks
Vivek Kumar

firevelocity@gmail.com

Re: Selector Portlet

Posted by Raquel Cruz <rm...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Re: Selector Portlet

Posted by Vivek Kumar <fi...@gmail.com>.
Did you tried the modify public-view constraint, in the constraint, we have
all user to view the pages, but if allow the view and edit both, Users will
be able to make changes to default-page.psml  without logging in the portal.

Regards
Vivek Kumar

On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 3:29 PM, Raquel Cruz <rm...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello
>
> 2008/6/24 David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>:
>

> >> I'm using the last version (2.1.3) but I still can't navigate in select
> >> portlet. I'm testing in IE7, Firefox 2.0.0.14 and Safari 3.1.2.
> >>

> >>  I am using that exact version of Firefox and Safari here. Not really
> sure
> > what is going wrong there for you.
> > Perhaps you have javascript turned off in your browsers?

> want
> >> portal to everyone, without logins, so I want to have all the  options
> >> available even without do login.
> >>

> > Yes of course. Check out the jetspeed-portlet.xml, you can secure either
> an
> > entire portlet application using a security constraint:
> >
> > <portlet-app id="j2-admin" version="1.0"
> >    xmlns="http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed"
> >    xmlns:js="http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed"
> >    xmlns:dc="http://www.purl.org/dc"
> >    xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
> >    xsi:schemaLocation="http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed
> > http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2/2.1/schemas/jetspeed-portlet.xsd">
> >
> >   <js:security-constraint-ref>admin</js:security-constraint-ref>
> >

> > or individual portlets to override the portlet-application level
> > constraint:
> >
> >    <portlet>
> >        <portlet-name>LoginPortlet</portlet-name>
> >
>  <js:security-constraint-ref>public-view</js:security-constraint-ref>
> >
> > public view provides view permission to guests as well as authenticated
> > users
> >
> > I think you didn't understand my problem. All my portlets are
> "public-view". The problem is to change options in the portal, for
> instance:
> only when I do login as Administrator, I have access to the button that
> make
> me add new portlets. The question is: I want that button visible even when
> I'm not logged in.
>

> Raquel

Regards & thanks
Vivek Kumar

firevelocity@gmail.com

Re: Selector Portlet

Posted by Raquel Cruz <rm...@gmail.com>.
Hello

Re: Selector Portlet

Posted by Raquel Cruz <rm...@gmail.com>.
2008/6/24 David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>:

>> I'm using the last version (2.1.3) but I still can't navigate in select
>> portlet. I'm testing in IE7, Firefox 2.0.0.14 and Safari 3.1.2.
>>

>>  I am using that exact version of Firefox and Safari here. Not really sure
> what is going wrong there for you.
> Perhaps you have javascript turned off in your browsers?
>

>>> Can I change permissions/restrictions to access this portlet without
>>> being

>>> With the default configuration, you cannot change permissions until you
>>> login as administrator
>>>

>>>  And there's no a way to disable those permissions? For instance, I want
>> portal to everyone, without logins, so I want to have all the  options
>> available even without do login.
>>

> Yes of course. Check out the jetspeed-portlet.xml, you can secure either an
> entire portlet application using a security constraint:
>
> <portlet-app id="j2-admin" version="1.0"
>    xmlns="http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed"
>    xmlns:js="http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed"
>    xmlns:dc="http://www.purl.org/dc"
>    xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
>    xsi:schemaLocation="http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed
> http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2/2.1/schemas/jetspeed-portlet.xsd">
>
>   <js:security-constraint-ref>admin</js:security-constraint-ref>

By the way, at first I tried to change this "admin" to "public-view" and
then I removed this line, but the button that I have told you still doesn't
appear :(

Re: Selector Portlet

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.

Re: Selector Portlet

Posted by Raquel Cruz <rm...@gmail.com>.
Hello

2008/6/24 David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>:

> On Jun 12, 2008, at 2:55 AM, Raquel Cruz wrote:
>
>  Hello everyone
>>
>> I would like to know why Selector Portlet works in Firefox but when I am
>> using IE noone link works. Btw, I can't find the .CSS file to change that
>> layout.
>>
>>  What version of Jetspeed (and IE) are you using?
> We tested this on IE6 and other popular browsers in 2.1
> However it failed on Safari, which we fixed in 2.1.3
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JS2-798

I'm using the last version (2.1.3) but I still can't navigate in select
portlet. I'm testing in IE7, Firefox 2.0.0.14 and Safari 3.1.2.

>  Can I change permissions/restrictions to access this portlet without being
>> login? Where can I do that?
>> Anyone can help?
>>

> With the default configuration, you cannot change permissions until you
> login as administrator

And there's no a way to disable those permissions? For instance, I want a

Re: Selector Portlet

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.

Re: Selector Portlet

Posted by Raquel Cruz <rm...@gmail.com>.
Hi again

I tried to change AEUV to public-view, like other portlets that I have but I
think that is not the main problem. The question is: I need that "Add
portlet" button appears in page layout without being logged in. Even I
change portlet permissions to public-view, the button doesn't appear!

Raquel

Re: Selector Portlet

Posted by Serkan Camurcuoglu <se...@telenity.com>.

Re: Selector Portlet

Posted by Serkan Camurcuoglu <se...@telenity.com>.

Re: Selector Portlet

Posted by Raquel Cruz <rm...@gmail.com>.

Moving portlets

Posted by Keith Paschal <Ke...@wnco.com>.
Folks;

I have a development server & a production server.  I can move the
directories and files from 1 jetspeed server to another, but is there
some easy way to move over the portlet definitions?  Most everything I
do is just iFrame work, but it is a pain to have to go edit every iFrame
as the user that will view it and edit the URL to be correct, then lock
down the permissions to be read only.
--
Best Regards;

Keith