Posted to dev@servicemix.apache.org by tefo <te...@gmail.com> on 2010/05/02 11:01:28 UTC

Re: WS-Notification Component Improvment

hi Guillaume,

We are using the Servicemix WS-Notification component for our EDA project in
which message reliability is very important. I have noticed that there is a
suggestion for improving the component to support "Durable subscription"
concept so that consumers/subscribers do not loose messages.

1) Is this improvement under way for comming releases of wsn-2005 component
2) Is there any sample code on how this could be done in the mean time.

Thanks a lot.

cheers
tefo

Re: WS-Notification Component Improvment

Posted by tefo <te...@gmail.com>.
Thanks a lot  for the response.

> hi Guillaume,
>
> We are using the Servicemix WS-Notification component for our EDA project
> in
> which message reliability is very important. I have noticed that there is
> suggestion for improving the component to support "Durable subscription"
> concept so that consumers/subscribers do not loose messages.
>
> 1) Is this improvement under way for comming releases of wsn-2005
> component

*I don't think anyone is working on the wsn2005 component at this time.

> 2) Is there any sample code on how this could be done in the mean time.

* Not really.  The code need to be enhanced to support durable
subscriptions.
* I think this should be set up using some custom xml in the subscriber
*registration, but i don't think there would be any real problem in doing
*that.  Do you plan to work on that ?

My team is currently exploring some possibility of a quick work-around for
this issue in the mean time before a more robust solution comes up. It would
be fantastic to contribute toward the enhancement of the component. So yes
we plan on working on it!

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Re: WS-Notification Component Improvment

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, May 2, 2010 at 11:01, tefo <te...@gmail.com> wrote:

> hi Guillaume,
>
> We are using the Servicemix WS-Notification component for our EDA project
> in
> which message reliability is very important. I have noticed that there is a
> suggestion for improving the component to support "Durable subscription"
> concept so that consumers/subscribers do not loose messages.
>
> 1) Is this improvement under way for comming releases of wsn-2005 component

I don't think anyone is working on the wsn2005 component at this time.

> 2) Is there any sample code on how this could be done in the mean time.
>
> Not really.  The code need to be enhanced to support durable subscriptions.
 I think this should be set up using some custom xml in the subscriber
registration, but i don't think there would be any real problem in doing
that.  Do you plan to work on that ?

> Thanks a lot.
>
> cheers
> tefo