Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Jose Miguel Sanchez Martin <jo...@swissrisk.com> on 2008/02/05 17:20:03 UTC

Question about faults

Hi,

I have a web service client and server based based on the axiom API. The WSDL for this web service has an operation with input, output and fault parts.

On the server side I generate a fault by doing the following:

    public void invokeBusinessLogic(
        MessageContext requestCtx,
        MessageContext responseCtx)
        throws AxisFault
    {
[...]
        SOAPEnvelope envelope = soapFactory.getDefaultEnvelope();
        OMElement body = envelope.getBody();

        if (isThisAFault()) {
            SOAPFault fault = soapFactory.createSOAPFault();
            envelope.getBody().addFault(fault);
            body = fault;
        }

        OMElement payload  = buildMessage(body,...);

        responseCtx.setProcessingFault(true);  // is this required?
        responseCtx.setEnvelope(envelope);
    }

On the client side the onError method of the AxisCallback class is invoked, but I was expecting that the onFault method would be invoked. The stacktrace of the exception in the onError method is this:

org.apache.axis2.AxisFault
 at org.apache.axis2.util.Utils.getInboundFaultFromMessageContext(Utils.java:486)
 at org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.handleResponse(OutInAxisOperation.java:343)
 at org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.send(OutInAxisOperation.java:389)
 at org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient$NonBlockingInvocationWorker.run(OutInAxisOperation.java:414)
 at edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:665)
 at edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:690)
 at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

Am I generating the fault properly? Could you please give me a hint about where the problem is located?

Many thanks in advance,

jms.