Posted to oak-dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Jegadisan <je...@gmail.com> on 2014/10/29 03:08:14 UTC

Question about InitialContent

Hi,

I understand that the Jcr class was provided to help with the quick setup for an Oak Repository, therefore it might not be the best place to start. I would just like to clarify about InitialContent though.

I did a small test case, calling Jcr to create a repository with a FileStore, and noticed that it is indicating that the second time the repository gets created, the journal gets updated, and a new tar segment is also created.

I am assuming that once a repository has been created, initial content should not be called on it, especially so if we are looking to have read only instances of the oak repository for publishing servers perhaps ? Looking at the OSGI RepositoryManager, it seems to call InitialContent as well.

Is this entirely required that initial content is called every time the repository is created ? I did another test case whereby I used a file store, and had the second invocation of the repository specifically not include InitialContent and it was able to read all the nodes created during the first invocation, and did not create the additional Journaling Entry.

Sorry if I am doing this wrong.

Thanks