Posted to dev@taverna.apache.org by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org> on 2015/03/09 15:52:15 UTC

Taverna JIRA status?

Hi there,

Where is the podling on getting a JIRA project setup?

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-8637 seems to be waiting on
the podling.

	Andy

Re: Taverna JIRA status?

Posted by Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org>.
On 9 Mar 2015 18:22, "Alan Williams" <al...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Maybe need component for server. Also, where would command line tool
issues go?

Sorry, I think only the moved components with issues show up there.

See
http://jira.s11.no/browse/TAVERNA/?selectedTab=com.atlassian.jira.jira-projects-plugin:components-panel
for all.

(I did not move the Server issues from T3 to TAVERNA here as I thought I
had to fill the gap in numbering - turns out the numbers are shuffled
anyway :-( )

> Is there any way we can tag the (say) WSDL issues with a wsdl label? The
previous Jira probably went overkill with the number of components but it
would be sad to lose the ability to easily find wsdl-related problems.

Yes, for take #2 perhaps you could go through each activity component in
the old JIRA  and bulk change to add the corresponding label.? Otherwise
some of the bugs might be confusingly incomplete, like "XML error"

> I'm not sure having a component for Taverna Plugin Component is
worthwhile as the component plugin should be restructured to go into common
activities and workbench common activities. I guess they can be moved and
the Jira component deleted once the restructuring is done though.

Yes, we can shuffle around components as we please.

>> but note that I have to do it again with some XML magic or do the Jira
>> move to TAVERNA-* in production in order for the keys to not be
>> reassigned. (in a bulk move they are not moved in order! :-( )
>

> How does it manage the links between issues if the keys get reassigned -
or do they get messed up?

Links seems to work as long as the links are within the moved issues. Not
so sure about links in comments.

> Will it help if we go through the "None" Components before the real move?

No, let's move first.

Re: Taverna JIRA status?

Posted by Alan Williams <al...@googlemail.com>.
On 09-Mar-15 17:19, Stian Soiland-Reyes wrote:
> I tested out the move.. it seems fairly easy - except for preserving
> the keys where I have to be careful.
>

> Example of what I think we should end up with - with the new
> components that relate to the git repositories
>
> http://jira.s11.no/browse/TAVERNA

Looking good :)

Maybe need component for server. Also, where would command line tool
issues go?

Is there any way we can tag the (say) WSDL issues with a wsdl label? The
previous Jira probably went overkill with the number of components but
it would be sad to lose the ability to easily find wsdl-related problems.

I'm not sure having a component for Taverna Plugin Component is
worthwhile as the component plugin should be restructured to go into
common activities and workbench common activities. I guess they can be
moved and the Jira component deleted once the restructuring is done though.

> but note that I have to do it again with some XML magic or do the Jira
> move to TAVERNA-* in production in order for the keys to not be
> reassigned. (in a bulk move they are not moved in order! :-( )

How does it manage the links between issues if the keys get reassigned -
or do they get messed up?

Will it help if we go through the "None" Components before the real move?

Alan

Re: Taverna JIRA status?

Posted by Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org>.

Re: Taverna JIRA status?

Posted by Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org>.
Agreed about clarity..

RE: Taverna JIRA status?

Re: Taverna JIRA status?

Posted by Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org>.
On 9 March 2015 at 15:15, alaninmcr <al...@googlemail.com> wrote:

>> As part of this I would also need to migrate the existing issues that
>> are in multiple projects into a single project - as I think we agreed
>> on this list some time in November to only keep only the Jira project
>> TAV at Apache, rather than keep SCUFL2 and TAVSERV separate.
> Agreed. There is also TAVUTILS for the DataViewer and CommandLineTool. It is
> almost empty though.

Done - all unresolved issues from TAVSERV, SCUFL2 and TAVUTILS moved
to the T3 project, where they received new bug numbers. I assigned
components like "Taverna Language" and "Taverna Server".

Jira is good citizen and remains redirection from the old URLs:

Example:

  http://dev.mygrid.org.uk/issues/browse/TAVSERV-265
now redirects (in Jira) to
  http://dev.mygrid.org.uk/issues/browse/T3-1344

and will HTTP redirect (in Apache) to something like:

  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAV-846

Are we still OK with the "TAV" Jira project key? The Taverna 1 bugs
(which we'll leave behind!) use the same prefix TAV:

http://dev.mygrid.org.uk/issues/browse/TAV-781

I personally feel that "T3" is not appropriate within all of Apache -
yet Jira names tend to be short as they'll be used a lot in emails and
commit messages.

The new key could also be "TAVERNA" -- see existing ones at Apache:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/BrowseProjects.jspa#all

(Hm - Clerezza and Flink are still incubating there!)

Re: Taverna JIRA status?

Posted by alaninmcr <al...@googlemail.com>.

[snip]

> As part of this I would also need to migrate the existing issues that
> are in multiple projects into a single project - as I think we agreed
> on this list some time in November to only keep only the Jira project
> TAV at Apache, rather than keep SCUFL2 and TAVSERV separate.

Agreed. There is also TAVUTILS for the DataViewer and CommandLineTool.
It is almost empty though.

> So it's just one of those tedious tasks that has been too easy to delay.. :-/

Very easy to delay :)

Alan

Re: Taverna JIRA status?

Posted by Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org>.
Apologies for letting this slip - I think it's getting urgent to get
our JIRA sorted now to keep track for everything as we're getting over
the hurdle of moving the source code and need to build the first
releases.

Jira is pending on Manchester sysadmins (e.g. me) to prepare the JIRA
dump for INFRA to import.

I talked to INFRA about this at ApacheCon - we need to have a blank
JIRA project at Apache and hand them a full Jira backup dump, and then
they can selective import just one of the projects.

Before the Software Grant we were not formally allowed to move this.
Another reason I have not had a look at this yet is that I need to
move the issues info a temporary instance locally that is at a
matching version as that at Apache - our current instance at
http://dev.mygrid.org.uk/issues is outdated (and for some reason
Atlassian has not given us a new license key for Jira yet, so I'll
have to use an evaluation version for the move).