Posted to user@roller.apache.org by Dave Koelmeyer <da...@davekoelmeyer.co.nz> on 2012/04/05 10:56:01 UTC

Re: Roller 5 - uploaded media files not available for selection

On 01/15/12 09:19 AM, Dave wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 5:20 AM, Dave Koelmeyer
> <dave.koelmeyer@davekoelmeyer.co.nz
> <ma...@davekoelmeyer.co.nz>> wrote:
>
>     On 01/11/12 02:56 AM, David Johnson wrote:
>
>         I haven't seen that behavior. I wonder if it is something
>         specific to Glassfish 3.1.1 and the EclipseLink JPA used in
>         Glassfish. Does this happen for all media types or just PNG?
>
>         - Dave
>

>     Hi Dave,
>
>     Thanks for the reply - I have tried with JPEG images, and I
>     observe the same behaviour. Any ideas about where to start looking
>     for clues?
>

> You might want to look in the logs for error messages and/or turn up
> the debugging level via roller-custom.properties file.
>
> - Dave
Hi Dave,

I cranked up the Roller log file to DEBUG level, attached the output but
nothing stands out to me. I'll have a further rummage around, but any
other leads?

--
Dave Koelmeyer
http://www.davekoelmeyer.co.nz

Re: Roller 5 - uploaded media files not available for selection

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.
I wonder if we can use an alternate mechanism to send the salt value in
this case, e.g. an HTTP header.

- Dave

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dave Koelmeyer <da...@davekoelmeyer.co.nz>.

Posted by Matthias Wimmer <m...@tthias.eu>.
Hi Dave,

El 2013-03-10 23:37:51, Dave Koelmeyer escribió:
> Just some more tinkering with this. I have noticed that the
> following error is logged in roller.log exactly concurrently with an
> image upload. I get the same error consistently for every attempted
> file upload. This could be a lead as to what is going wrong - any
> pointers to where to look?

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ROL-1956

I think this describes the problem. Validating the salt fails for this
request as the Java EE spec does not guarantee that you can read
parameters when you are handling a request by reading the input data
yourself using getInputStream() or getReader(). This is done in this
case to be able to read the posted file.

Regards,
Matthias

--
Matthias Wimmer
Contact details:     http://matthias.wimmer.tel/

Re: Roller 5 - uploaded media files not available for selection

Posted by Dave Koelmeyer <da...@davekoelmeyer.co.nz>.
On 28/11/12 02:08 PM, Dave Koelmeyer wrote:
> On 5/04/12 08:56 PM, Dave Koelmeyer wrote:
>> On 01/15/12 09:19 AM, Dave wrote:
>>>
>>> On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 5:20 AM, Dave Koelmeyer
>>> <dave.koelmeyer@davekoelmeyer.co.nz
>>> <ma...@davekoelmeyer.co.nz>> wrote:
>>>
>>>     On 01/11/12 02:56 AM, David Johnson wrote:
>>>
>>>         I haven't seen that behavior. I wonder if it is something
>>>         specific to Glassfish 3.1.1 and the EclipseLink JPA used in
>>>         Glassfish. Does this happen for all media types or just PNG?
>>>
>>>         - Dave
>>>

>>>     Hi Dave,
>>>
>>>     Thanks for the reply - I have tried with JPEG images, and I
>>>     observe the same behaviour. Any ideas about where to start
>>>     looking for clues?
>>>

>>> You might want to look in the logs for error messages and/or turn up
>>> the debugging level via roller-custom.properties file.
>>>
>>> - Dave
>> Hi Dave,
>>
>> I cranked up the Roller log file to DEBUG level, attached the output
>> but nothing stands out to me. I'll have a further rummage around, but
>> any other leads?
>>

> Sorry to rummage up such an old thread, but for other people
> encountering this I see it's a known issue:
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ROL-1942
>
> If I can at all assist with collecting additional data on this please
> let me know.

Hi All,

Just some more tinkering with this. I have noticed that the following
error is logged in roller.log exactly concurrently with an image upload.
I get the same error consistently for every attempted file upload. This
could be a lead as to what is going wrong - any pointers to where to look?

ERROR 2013-03-10 23:32:05,087 ValidateSaltFilter:doFilter - Error
validating salt
javax.servlet.ServletException: Security Violation
     at
org.apache.roller.weblogger.ui.core.filters.ValidateSaltFilter.doFilter(ValidateSaltFilter.java:63)
     at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:256)
     at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:217)
     at
org.apache.roller.weblogger.ui.core.filters.LoadSaltFilter.doFilter(LoadSaltFilter.java:72)
     at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:256)
     at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:217)
     at
org.apache.roller.weblogger.ui.core.filters.InitFilter.doFilter(InitFilter.java:71)
     at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:256)
     at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:217)
     at
org.apache.roller.weblogger.ui.core.filters.PersistenceSessionFilter.doFilter(PersistenceSessionFilter.java:60)
     at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:256)
     at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:217)
     at
org.apache.roller.weblogger.ui.core.filters.BootstrapFilter.doFilter(BootstrapFilter.java:67)
     at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:256)
     at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:217)
     at
org.springframework.security.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:378)
     at
org.springframework.security.intercept.web.FilterSecurityInterceptor.invoke(FilterSecurityInterceptor.java:109)
     at
org.springframework.security.intercept.web.FilterSecurityInterceptor.doFilter(FilterSecurityInterceptor.java:83)
     at
org.springframework.security.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:390)
     at
org.springframework.security.ui.SessionFixationProtectionFilter.doFilterHttp(SessionFixationProtectionFilter.java:67)
     at
org.springframework.security.ui.SpringSecurityFilter.doFilter(SpringSecurityFilter.java:53)
     at
org.springframework.security.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:390)
     at
org.springframework.security.ui.ExceptionTranslationFilter.doFilterHttp(ExceptionTranslationFilter.java:101)
     at
org.springframework.security.ui.SpringSecurityFilter.doFilter(SpringSecurityFilter.java:53)
     at
org.springframework.security.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:390)
     at
org.springframework.security.ui.rememberme.RememberMeProcessingFilter.doFilterHttp(RememberMeProcessingFilter.java:116)
     at
org.springframework.security.ui.SpringSecurityFilter.doFilter(SpringSecurityFilter.java:53)
     at
org.springframework.security.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:390)
     at
org.springframework.security.wrapper.SecurityContextHolderAwareRequestFilter.doFilterHttp(SecurityContextHolderAwareRequestFilter.java:91)
     at
org.springframework.security.ui.SpringSecurityFilter.doFilter(SpringSecurityFilter.java:53)
     at
org.springframework.security.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:390)
     at
org.springframework.security.ui.AbstractProcessingFilter.doFilterHttp(AbstractProcessingFilter.java:278)
     at
org.springframework.security.ui.SpringSecurityFilter.doFilter(SpringSecurityFilter.java:53)
     at
org.springframework.security.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:390)
     at
org.springframework.security.ui.AbstractProcessingFilter.doFilterHttp(AbstractProcessingFilter.java:278)
     at
org.springframework.security.ui.SpringSecurityFilter.doFilter(SpringSecurityFilter.java:53)
     at
org.springframework.security.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:390)
     at
org.springframework.security.context.HttpSessionContextIntegrationFilter.doFilterHttp(HttpSessionContextIntegrationFilter.java:235)
     at
org.springframework.security.ui.SpringSecurityFilter.doFilter(SpringSecurityFilter.java:53)
     at
org.springframework.security.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:390)
     at
org.springframework.security.util.FilterChainProxy.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:175)
     at
org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterProxy.invokeDelegate(DelegatingFilterProxy.java:236)
     at
org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterProxy.doFilter(DelegatingFilterProxy.java:167)
     at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:256)
     at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:217)
     at
org.apache.roller.weblogger.ui.core.filters.SchemeEnforcementFilter.doFilter(SchemeEnforcementFilter.java:121)
     at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:256)
     at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:217)
     at
org.apache.roller.weblogger.ui.core.filters.CharEncodingFilter.doFilter(CharEncodingFilter.java:81)
     at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:256)
     at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:217)
     at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:279)
     at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:175)
     at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.doInvoke(StandardPipeline.java:655)
     at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:595)
     at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:161)
     at
org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.doService(CoyoteAdapter.java:331)
     at
org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:231)
     at
com.sun.enterprise.v3.services.impl.ContainerMapper$AdapterCallable.call(ContainerMapper.java:317)
     at
com.sun.enterprise.v3.services.impl.ContainerMapper.service(ContainerMapper.java:195)
     at
com.sun.grizzly.http.ProcessorTask.invokeAdapter(ProcessorTask.java:860)
     at com.sun.grizzly.http.ProcessorTask.doProcess(ProcessorTask.java:757)
     at com.sun.grizzly.http.ProcessorTask.process(ProcessorTask.java:1056)
     at
com.sun.grizzly.http.DefaultProtocolFilter.execute(DefaultProtocolFilter.java:229)
     at
com.sun.grizzly.DefaultProtocolChain.executeProtocolFilter(DefaultProtocolChain.java:137)
     at
com.sun.grizzly.DefaultProtocolChain.execute(DefaultProtocolChain.java:104)
     at
com.sun.grizzly.DefaultProtocolChain.execute(DefaultProtocolChain.java:90)
     at
com.sun.grizzly.http.HttpProtocolChain.execute(HttpProtocolChain.java:79)
     at
com.sun.grizzly.ProtocolChainContextTask.doCall(ProtocolChainContextTask.java:54)
     at
com.sun.grizzly.SelectionKeyContextTask.call(SelectionKeyContextTask.java:59)
     at com.sun.grizzly.ContextTask.run(ContextTask.java:71)
     at
com.sun.grizzly.util.AbstractThreadPool$Worker.doWork(AbstractThreadPool.java:532)
     at
com.sun.grizzly.util.AbstractThreadPool$Worker.run(AbstractThreadPool.java:513)
     at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

Posted by Dave Koelmeyer <da...@davekoelmeyer.co.nz>.