Posted to dev@jakarta.apache.org by Peter Lynch <pe...@peterlynch.ca> on 2011/04/14 15:14:31 UTC

nightlies vs release: two files

The nightlies require unzipping two files to make a usable runtime as
described here http://people.apache.org/builds/jakarta-jmeter/nightly/ .

Is it correct to assume that the a final release will just be one
distributable?

-Peter

Re: nightlies vs release: two files

Posted by Peter Lin <wo...@gmail.com>.
Plus, if you're mobile, connection could be slow

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Peter Lynch <pe...@peterlynch.ca>.
I'm trying to understand why the nightlies have a _bin.zip and _lib.zip
instead of just a single .zip like the official 2.4 release did.

I know the _lib.zip contains the third party jars and _bin.zip contains
everything else - but why not a single .zip like the official release?

-Peter

On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 9:24 AM, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 14 April 2011 14:14, Peter Lynch <pe...@peterlynch.ca> wrote:
> > The nightlies require unzipping two files to make a usable runtime as
> > described here http://people.apache.org/builds/jakarta-jmeter/nightly/ .
> >
> > Is it correct to assume that the a final release will just be one
> > distributable?
>
> Sort of.
>
> There is a binary dist and a source dist, and each is available as zip
> and tar.gz, so there are actually 4 archives (plus hashes and sigs).
>
> However only one binary is needed to run JMeter.
>
> Here is the download page:
>
> http://jakarta.apache.org/site/downloads/downloads_jmeter.cgi
>
> > -Peter

Peter Lynch